• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Withdrawn - Hard Thin Tanto in AEB-L with Contoured Zebrawood

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings BFFs. I've caught up on all the commissions I can with what I have in stock, and so was finally able to finish up a little something to offer on the forum. My third true (Americanized) tanto grind, and I am very pleased with how this "little" one turned out. Attractive, comfortable, sharp, and nimble, this one will get the job done with efficiency and style.

Specs:

Steel: AEB-L
Hardness: RC 63
Stock Thickness: 3/32"

Overall Length: 8 3/4"
Cutting Edge: 3" primary bevel, 1 3/4" tip bevel

Geometry: High flat/convex primary, convex tip bevel

Weight: 5.1 oz

Handle: Natural Zebrawood, Carbon Fiber tubes

Sheath: Coyote Brown Kydex, brown eyelets

Special features: Radiused spine for extra comfort in the Filipino grip (also very helpful with thinner stock such as this)

Asking Withdrawn

Price is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" gets priority. Upon payment, please also confirm your shipping address.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_7747.JPG
IMG_7748.JPG
IMG_7749.JPG
IMG_7750.JPG
IMG_7751.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_7753.JPG

Last edited:
It is nice to see stock this thin on a versatile, utilitarian blade that has clear 'tactical' use. There is no reason for .25" stock on a knife that I can think of. David Mary does excellent work, at incredible prices. I have three pieces from him, and am nothing but pleased. His sheaths are some of the best I've experienced as well. Thick kydex that holds fast and has all the attachments points one could ever need.

I too have three blades from David, all are excellent! Gave him a little grief about not having a makers mark, he has since come up one. Now he doesn’t charge enough for such nice work and I have to thank him for that. Hopefully I will be seeing more blades from him, well worth it! ;):p

Thank you gentlemen. :)

Withdrawn

Last edited:
Thank you for expressing interest in my Tanto design. The truth is the Tanto pictured above sat for weeks, and despite a few price drops, it only finally sold when I bundled it with two other knives and sold all three of them at a discount. Tanto grinds are a lot more work for me than my usual full height flat/convex grinds, and are not worth making for me unless I can sell them for at least closer to their asking price. Sadly, I doubt I'll be making another one any time soon, unless someone commissions one. If you'd like to, feel free to shoot me an email and we can talk about the details.

Back