1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Off Topic Wolf Creek Forge (I think Lisa took my money and ran??)

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Monkedo, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Monkedo

Monkedo

Oct 18, 2019
    Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum. I stumbled across WCF’s work on here a few months back, and decided to reach out to Lisa via here FB page to see about having a Hawk made. We agreed on a design, and I paid her for the custom Hawk on August 3rd. I expected it to take some time, so I was being patient. Asked her for an estimated time of completion about 4 weeks ago, and didn’t get a response. Tried again, no response. About 2 weeks ago she finally messaged me back and said that she was sorry, she didn’t see my message, and that she would be done with it within the next day or two, and will ship it out. Well yesterday I tried messaging her to get an update and realized her FB page has been deleted, or I’ve been blocked. Phone disconnected, website no longer active, and she hasn’t responded to my email.

Has she been active on her lately? Any way of getting ahold of her?

Kentucky likes this.
  2. 3/16th's

3/16th's Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Their Facebook page works for me. The las update was a few years ago though. The number listed there is 530-575-0619.

3. Monkedo

Monkedo

Oct 18, 2019
    Thanks! But that’s a different Wolf Creek Forge. Lisa was(is?) out of Martin, KY.

4. 3/16th's

3/16th's Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 19, 2000
    My bad. I don’t see any WFC’s in Kentucky either or anywhere else for that matter. Hope you can some how track them down!

5. Kentucky

Kentucky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Basic Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hi this is Phillip. Lisa’s husband. No no one has been blocked. I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get hold of us.
    Lisa just returned to work this past month after being off work for months. I’ve been trying to get her orders taken care of.
    If you check your email you’ll see I just sent you an email this morning.
    I’ll take care of your order.I am sorry you couldn’t get hold of us really. I’ll get it fixed up right away.
    It’s not Lisa fault thought. It’s mine...
    Also the online pages were temporarily were silenced for now while I get caught up so as not to take orders. I didn’t know until last night that messages(that were already started) weren’t going through when I talked to someone via my old email address .
    Again I’m sorry. Check your email.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  6. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Good stuff. Glad it got sorted.

RayseM, David Lennon and Kentucky like this.
  7. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Did this get worked out, any update OP?

buckfynn likes this.
  8. buckfynn

buckfynn

May 1, 2011
    The Wolf Creek Forge Facebook page is still unavailable.

9. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    op , you need to come back , do not just disappear . Kentucky responded to this post in good faith , if things have worked out you need to help keep is name in good favor .

10. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    He's got 2 posts. He made an account just for this and probably won't ever be back. It looks to me like an attempt was made to make it right.

Usingmyrights likes this.
  11. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    He is doing what he was complaining about , disappearing . On his side money is/was involved , on the other side is a makers and his wife's reputation . This needs proper closer and he started it .

woodysone and benchwarmer380 like this.
  12. Kentucky

Kentucky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Basic Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It’s taken care of . He answered the email/message I sent him and we worked it all out. He was nice about it and understanding. All is good

13. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    Thank you Phillip , but I still feel it was his responsibility to speak up , but I will go away now .

Wilfred17, palonej, stonesell and 3 others like this.