Wolfgang Dell Integral

dell_side.jpg

Satin finished D-2 integral hunter with amboya wood scales. Or maybe you'd call them inlays?

Came all the way from Germany. Just got this one today.
biggrin.gif

dell_stamp.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with Wolfgang's work, you can check out his site - http://www.dell-knives.de

He's a real pleasure to work with, and makes some excellent knives. Plus, given the weakness in the Deutschmark, prices ain't too shabby either
wink.gif

------------------
www.apechild.com/blades

[This message has been edited by Wulf (edited 04-17-2001).]

Wulf,

That is a beautiful knife. I went to the site (and BTW, your link doesn't work. The actual site is....www.dell-knives.de), and it is in German including pricing. How about givin' us some kind of idea on pricing?

Wulfgang sure has some really sweet knives on his site. Did you order directly from him and does he speak English?

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

Sorry about the bad link - thanks for pointing that out Jailhack.

I did indeed order the knife directly from Wolfgang (lucky me, I speak German). But fear not - Wolfgang speaks English quite well, and just in case there is a communication problem, his wife will be happy to interpret - she's an English teacher.
smile.gif

Wolfgang's knives vary a lot in price depending on a number of factors. This particular one was somewhere in the neighborhood of DM1200 I believe, which, when we struck an exchange rate, came to about $560. Currently, DMark/Dollar trades around 2.20, which would make the knife a few bucks cheaper even. I felt it was a great value for a quality integral like this one.

Wowiee Zowiee
smile.gif

I wasn't an integral fan, until now!
I love the curve on the inside of the scales.
What a site! Thanx for the link....
Gotta love those Bavarian Bowies
wink.gif

Almost woke up my 93 year young Dad to translate for me
eek.gif

Enjoy,
Ebbtide

Hi Wulf, I just got the tipp for the pictures you have made. Are you a professional photographer ? The pictures are great!!! Thank you for putting the posting into the forum.
The english version of my website takes another few weeks or so, my wife prefered to go to Florida for two weeks or so!
I am very glad you like the knife. My wife told me she had a phonecall to you.
If anybody needs more information, please feel free to contact me, information is the only thing which dosn't cost anything *lol*.
Sorry, now in German:
Wulf, es freut mich wirklich, daß dir das Messer gefällt. Ich hoffe sehr, daß wir in Kontakt bleiben können. Hab viel Freude an dem Messer und immer ein klein wenig Öl auf der Klinge! Du weist, D-2 ist nur rostträge!
Also bis dann, take care, with best regards from your German knifemaker

Wolfgang

------------------
Wolfgang Dell, Knifemaker
mail: dellknives@gmx.de
web: www.dell-knives.de

Wolfgang,
Thanks for the kind words. As for the picture, well, it would be an insult to take a bad picture of such a fine piece of cutlery! Thank you also for the hard work you put into this knife and the kindness you've shown me. (Es freut mir auch, das mir das Messe gefallt
biggrin.gif
)

-Derrick

Wolfgang,

I didn't know that you were a forums member. Nice to see you here. I love integrals, and it looks as though you have got the craft down pat.

And BTW, your English is probably better than mine
smile.gif
Can't wait to see the English version of your site so that I can actually know what I am looking at.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

God-damn that's HOT!!!
biggrin.gif

I am VERY impressed with the craftmanship in every aspect of that knife! I liked integrals before, but I can see where a non-integral fan could experience a change of heart after seeing that knife.

Wolfgang, thank you for being such a fine craftsman, and Wulf, thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of such a wonderful knife!!!
smile.gif

Nick

Okay, I just went and visited Wolfgang's site... I guess that 1/4 German in me just isn't working
wink.gif

But as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! I would suggest that if it's possible a moderator should copy this post and move it into the shop-talk forum. I know there are some maker's in there that don't look at these other forums.

Those knives need to be seen! I am simply in awe!!!

Someday Wolfgang, someday I will be at that level.

Is the belt grinder in your shop tour a surface grinder? or do you use to to put the flat ground bevels in your blades?

Very beautiful work, I applaud you!!!
biggrin.gif

Nick

Hi Nick, it is a homemade grinder, I'm doing my flatgrinding with it. It is designed with a friend together and then he was building it for me. I can't do such work!
Again, when my wife is back from Florida, she schould (has to) help me with the english text on my site. I hope she and my doughter have a save trip home to Germany.
Thanks folks for the kind words, I really appeciate it if sombody like knives!
I wish you all the very best, with kind regards from Germany
Wolfgang

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wolfgang Dell (edited 04-18-2001).]

Mr. Dell;
I never heard of you before today and so I am glad to have seen this thread. Your work appears to be first-rate and I will be happy to visit your site again when I can read it in English. In the meantime, I did visit your site and I really liked the California Dagger and I would like to find out the details of materials, size, etc... and cost on this knife. please e-mail me.

------------------
Although it does not mindfully keep guard in the small mountain fields, the scarecrow does not stand in vain
Bukkoku

Hallo Neil, I visited your very nice site. I think I've spent an hour or so, I'm really impressed. Great! The photos are real good!!

Fudo, as soon as possible I send a e.mail to you. Please be patient! Hopefully I find the time over the weekend.
Thanks for visiting my site.
Wolfgang

------------------
mail: dellknives@compuserve.de

Wolfgang, you do excellent work. You do an absolutely wonderful job on the grinds. I hope to see more of your work in the future.

------------------
Keith

AKTI Member #A001338

Back