Wolfman Update - Prayers, Smoke & Good Thoughts Still Needed

I just heard from Ira's wife, Barbara, and she asked me to pass along their sincere thanks for everyone's notes & other expressions of support. Surgery was initially scheduled for tomorrow, but has again been postponed while they await a surgical opinion from the young surgeon in Boston whom Ira had mentioned. In the meantime, he is in a lot of pain & hasn't even mentioned knives -- not a very good sign. :( Let's all keep Ira in our thoughts & hope that the docs quickly decide on the appropriate course of treatment so that, as Barbara prays, "... he will be back on line very soon, smoking the credit card and buying knives."

Ira

I wish you the best of luck, A happy and speedy recovery, I will be thinking about ya buddie

Tim

You tough Som B___h! You've aleady been shot twice, this should be no problem. We're all out here rootin for ya!

Here's to your early recovery!

jmx

Tell that young whippersnapper to hurry so's you can get yer knife back from him!

Thoughts and prayers Ira!

Brandon

I just found this thread. I am speechless (a very bizarre and rare event).

Thank you for the kind words, kind mail and some absolutely awesome displays of kindness. I started to slip into a cave that I visited many years ago and almost decided I no longer had much interest in knives. Thanks to guys like fever Doc, larry and Vince at bladeart, Don, COPFISH, Rich in PA, Three Michaels's (all with great tastes in Knives), a great guy named Raven, a big hearted bastid named RAZOR, Most of the Moderators of BF, some guys who I apologize for forgetting and one I cannot mention who spent alot of time e-mailing back and forth with Barbara, I would have called it a day, grabbed my favorite .45ACP and munched on a JHP.

I had a Doctor (Barbara FIRED his Butt yesterday) who postoned Surgery because he thought I was just interested in pain meds and would NEVER go thru with a Back Operation. he NEVER ONCE looked at any of the test results as he was "certain" I was faking this. After reading the report from the young neurosurgeon I PAID outta my pocket for his consult, my "former Doc" admitted his screw-up. He then admitted he never really had an OR scheduled and when I failed to 'chicken-out" he realized I might be the "real-deal".

So now I fight with my health insurance and when it's over, I shall be bak to BF, God willing 100% or close to it.

From barbara and I....THANK YOU............Ira

Hey Wolfie, just remeber you got your friends watching your six... no matter how big it gets! :)

Well Ira, as you can see there are a lot of people on this forum who care what happens to you. You can count me in that group as well. I find that I look for your posts as much or more than anyone else's, so you take care and get back here ASAP. This place is getting a little dull without you.

Good luck and happy surgery, Ira! You might want to take a magic marker and circle the proper place for cuttin' on, too. Some doctors do the wrong area. :eek:

And stay away from those JHPs, lead's BAD for you, okay?

Take care, :)

Karl

Back pain sucks, sorry to hear that you have that along with the leg thing. We're all here pulling for ya.

ALWAYS remember, the old golden rule especially applies to .45ACP rounds; Tis better to give, than to receive!

When it seems to be getting tough, pick up your favorite folder and marvel at how it was built, then consider how many people in the world don't even have a clue that something so fine even exists, nevermind owning one for themselves.

Keep up the good fight.

jmx

Back