Woo Hoo! Edge Tech's First Magazine Cover!

I just received Hot off the press the July issue of TK with a Jim Weyer cover photo of both the Impulse and Magna. For the record this is Outdoor Edge/Edge Tech's first magazine cover ever. After twelve years in business I suppose we were due. Inside this issue starting on page 10 is an excellent review on both knives by Anthony Lombardo. Many thanks to Anthony for his "Shoot from the hip review".

Also in the June issue of Blade is an Outdoor Edge company profile by resident BF Review Master, Moderator, Dexter Ewing. Hats off to Dexter on another fine article.

Has anyone received their Blade or TK issue yet? Once you get the chance to read one or both articles I'm sure Anthony and Dexter would welcome your feedback.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

I saw the magazine, and got a chance to glance through it, but not a chance to read anything. I really like the looks of the Magna, and that is in line as my next buy. I just can't decide whether to get the one with the Aluminum, or Composite scales. I especially like the recessed pocket clip. Congrats on your first cover!

Daniel D.

[This message has been edited by Daniel Dorn (edited 04-10-2000).]

I just bought TK and read it the article. TK always has good articles. Magna is more appealing to me, however, I question the strenght of the pocket clip. I also can't tell if the clip on th Zytel version is steel or plastic. A steel clip would definitely hold up better. Also, how difficult is it to clip the knife into your pocket.

The clip on the Zytel Magna is steel, and quite sturdy, as is the entire knife. The knife is a bit different than most when clipping to your pocket. It takes a few minutes to get used to it, but afterwards is no problem at all. This is by far one of the most impressive production knives to come out lately. In case its of any interest to anybody, here is a review I did on the Magna and Impulse.
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001582.html

Richard

Congratulations on your first cover...and it's a beautifully shot cover.

I read the TK article and enjoyed it a lot. I'll admit, before I've always thought that the Magna and Impulse, though admittedly very well-made, had never interested me. But damned if reading that article didn't get me interested in getting a Magna, and I'm thinking of the new Zytel version. It would make an excellent recreational folder, and the more I look at it, the more I appreciate the ergonomics/blade grind/style.
Jim

Back