Wood inlay selection shrink?

You might want to email them and ask. It seems they’ve removed both spalted and that striped one.

If I'm not mistaken, the Striped Platan replaced Thuya wood.

If I'm not mistaken, the Striped Platan replaced Thuya wood.

I believe you're right. I think Raffir supplies both the spalted beech and striped platan so maybe it's a supplier switch or hiccup.

I would hope a reduction in wood choice to create additional capacity for limited run knives means production in enough quantities for dealership distribution.

It's really cool seeing all of the different limited run knives at big trade shows in recent years, but I can't get too excited about narrowing wood choice in the wider market if it just means more 10 piece runs at $2,000 a pop.

I'm interested to see what 2019 brings!

I would hope a reduction in wood choice to create additional capacity for limited run knives means production in enough quantities for dealership distribution.

It's really cool seeing all of the different limited run knives at big trade shows in recent years, but I can't get too excited about narrowing wood choice in the wider market if it just means more 10 piece runs at $2,000 a pop.

I'm interested to see what 2019 brings!

You nailed it. Excellent point!

Back