Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Wow!!! Off to a wonderful start to Wooden Wednesday! Al is that a new Lloyd? It's shield and bolster are sublime! Pretty wood too, an all round winner, thanks for showing it.

John that's a nice example of ironwood, love the grain! :thumbsup:

Travman, 18s are just cool and that Osage is ageing nicely! :cool:

This 74 comes as close to custom in quality as any production knife I have every seen. even the spring is perfectly flush in all three positions. Only fault I can find is the sunken pins. I'm OK with less than perfect since it serves to remind me of all the hand work that goes into building these fantastic GECs.

American Chestnut/SS and Sweet Construction
DxkhEHs.jpg

Last edited:
redsparrow redsparrow James, I've had it for a few months but since I picked it up on the secondary market I don't know its age. I'd been looking for a swayback and although I like the looks I'm still not sure if it's a user for me.

The one Swayback I have doesn't get along well in my hand well so I only have the one.
I do love the workmanship on yours. It appears to be of very high quality fit and finish and beautiful wood so for me it probably would not be a user but a wonderful example of an true artisan's exceptional skills.:thumbsup:
Thanks. Which is why I’m thinking of totally downsizing my collection. Outside of a few that have a special meaning or are the best of the best, it looks to be just users from now on. It’s time to let others enjoy them for real and not just through my photos.

Back