Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

A Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot in Ebony, paired with a Case Medium Jack in Synthetic Ebony.
John, Case really does do a good job with their "Synthetic Ebony".:eek:;)
Looks and feels very nearly like well worn genuine ebony. :confused::D:cool:
YuICCEK.jpg

Last edited:
JohnDF JohnDF - Synthetic Ebony:eek: Really?o_O What hat did you pull that out of?:rolleyes:

John, Case really does do a good job with their "Synthetic Ebony".:eek:;)

"synthetic ebony" certainly sounds more sophisticated than "black plastic" o_O

Thanks guy. :)
I thought some people would get a kick out of calling it "Synthetic Ebony" :D
Truth is, it's a really nice material and I find it very classy looking. I like Ebony much better, but sometimes price is prohibitive.

All I know about this knife is I picked it out of a pile of knives at a knife show and the blade is made by Camillus. Oh, and it's really awesome to use. If anyone knows what wood this is I would be interested to know. The best I can come up with is Curly Birch as the handle has the appearance of something from Helle knives.

Camillus%2B01.jpg

Camillus%2B02.jpg

Terrific timber trio, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Like Senhor Pinto, I'm carrying a rosewood lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow this week:
hhb2.mark.Vflat.bootside.jpg

I'm also carrying a Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain. When I asked the proprietor of the cuchilleria if the knife was made in China, he indignantly insisted, "Albacete! Albacete!", the name of a Spanish city famed for its cutlery. Although I like the knife a lot, subsequent research seems to support my made in China idea.
laguiole.open.out.jpg

- GT

Back