Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Thanks. I get a Thiers vibe from it too. Buck 317 Ridgeway, named for an ancient trackway in England, and made in China for the UK-legal market. As for the wood, I think all they said was "burlwood" or "burl wood".
I got mine from the bay after being smitten by Arian29 Arian29 's posting of one in the what trad today thread.
Many Thanks,
You have some nice knives, I have enjoyed seeing ‘em on BF.
Cheers 👍

Last edited:
I'm late to the lumber luau today, but it gave me the chance to see a lot of tremendous timber posted by others earlier in the day. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This week I have a couple of knives covered in sylvan slabs.
A big Joker in olive wood that I got in Valencia, Spain and think very highly of:
joker.used.open.pile.jpg

Union Jack is my name for this rosewood lambsfoot that my wife and daughter bought for me in Barnitt's hardware store in York, England:
lambsfoot.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

JEgXepG.jpg

Thanks. I get a Thiers vibe from it too. Buck 317 Ridgeway, named for an ancient trackway in England, and made in China for the UK-legal market. As for the wood, I think all they said was "burlwood" or "burl wood".
I got mine from the bay after being smitten by Arian29 Arian29 's posting of one in the what trad today thread.
I think those would sell pretty well if they were available in the US.

I'd like to thank everyone who recommends these Otter Messer Anchor knives. A gorgeous piece of old world style. The brass shield against the wood grain looks fantastic when either polished or with a patina.

Fit and finish is a little rudimentary, spring a little proud when closed. Walk and talk is a hefty and solid feeling 7-8.

Maw7LZf.jpg

I'm late to the lumber luau today, but it gave me the chance to see a lot of tremendous timber posted by others earlier in the day. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This week I have a couple of knives covered in sylvan slabs.
A big Joker in olive wood that I got in Valencia, Spain and think very highly of:
View attachment 1567229

Union Jack is my name for this rosewood lambsfoot that my wife and daughter bought for me in Barnitt's hardware store in York, England:
View attachment 1567233

- GT
As usual, some great looking knives... since we seem to be in an alliterative mood today, I'll just say that is some resplendent rosewood.....

:thumbsup: :D

Back