WooHooo! I just picked up a BM 42!

Here's the pic of it.This my first attempt on doing this so bear with me if the pic doesn't show up.

Mvc_008s.jpg

------------------

Welcome to the "those who have them club"I like mine so much,I'm already thinking about getting the second and the third.Welcome to Bladeforums.Chow,Ralph

OHHH GODDD.....

I need one soooooo bad....my nucleus acumbens needs to release all that dopamine when i get it...it'll be soooooo good....

I can't wait to get it...i need to flip a quality bali...

ehhhh....rather not post that...sorry

[This message has been edited by Quijebo (edited 06-16-2000).]

Welcome TTZ32,

First post and it's announcing his BM42 acquisition. How sweet it is!

Jeeez, I'll bet that really burns the @$$' of some of you guys
rolleyes.gif

Congrats dude! Good luck with it.

------------------
Clay
www.balisongxtreme.com
Because......
getting 'em open
is half the fun!

[This message has been edited by Clay (edited 06-17-2000).]

I just got lucky with that one. It was the last one that the store had. So as soon as I heard that, I was out the door in less than 5 minutes.

We need a new club since I just picked up my second bm-42 today."Those that have two club"
I guess now I'll just wait for a bm-42A
biggrin.gif

And they wonder where all the violence in the world comes from, just kidding, does anyone know where all these rumuored bm42 are?

They went to the "brick and mortar" dealers. So, check with a local knife shop. Expect to pay full retail, maybe even a premium.

Now, I spoke today with a .com dealer friend of mine today and he has received 29 pieces w/o serial numbers. They are all already sold. But, the point is that Benchmade has apparently filled the initial demand from their "brick and mortar" dealers and is starting to ship to the discount, 1-800, and .com dealers.

But, Benchmade is still back ordered about 3000 pieces and production capacity is only about 50 pieces per day. That's about three months of production capacity already booked.

If you want one today and are willing to pay full retail price, start calling the main-street dealers in your area. I came back from Blade Show with a list of dealers who had pieces available just sitting in their display cases waiting for buyers. I also returned to find my inbox stuffed with people looking for 42s. So, my list is exhausted. But, there are over 700 pieces out there and only a fraction of them are in my bank deposit box. So, get calling because there are 42s just sitting in dealer display cases waiting for you. Most of the "brick and mortar" dealers will do a mail order sale (but at full retail).

If you're willing to wait a few months and want a discount price, call your favorite 1-800 or visit your favorite .com and get on the list. If you are already on a list somewhere, be patient, yours is coming shortly.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

I know several brick and mortar dealers personally and they have yet to see hide nor hair of this beast, it seems, in my opinion that by removing distributors, benchmade has mearly made new ones

Mike

WOOHOO! I just got mine via ups from NWC! This thing is SWEET! Ive only handled jags and lesser knives before and my mind has been blown. I quickly adjusted to the handles ligtness, the only thing i dont like about it are the sharp corners on the handles, i suppose they will wear away a bit after some manipulations. Its not numbered. I repeat WOOHOO!

------------------
Elect Cthulhu!
Why vote for the Lesser Evil?

Start another club! Those that have three! I just got my 42 & 42S today from NWC. I should've gotten them yesterday, but the UPS guy wasn't nice enough to tell me exactly what time he was bringing them. My pre-pro 42 isn't lonely anymore! The 42 immediately was flying as soon as I got it out of the box. The 42S isn't flying as well, though. The bite handle either needs to be lubed up with Militec or I gotta get the TORX drive kit and loosen it a little or maybe with just a couple hours of use it will loosen up. Otherwise, these are the best knives ever! I like them a million times more than my 45. The length/weight ratio is perfect. I always liked the 3.5 inchers the best. The 42's are taking over the top of the list. I'm real curious how a 3.5 incher made with Ti would be? It would be nice if Benchmade made some that size, they would fit nicely in my pocket. Now, I'm waiting for my 42AS to arrive!
Later folks!

Wow. Second report I've had of 'em coming out of the box a touch tight. I'd recommend just a fraction of a turn with a torx driver.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

Mine was a bit tight and squeeky too, plus a couple of the small holes in it arent full round, oh well
wink.gif

------------------
Elect Cthulhu!
Why vote for the Lesser Evil?

Had a chance to get a serrated blade. Bought it and opened the box to find #133/500 First Production run knife. Nice surprise as the dealer never mentioned it was a numbered knife! There was one TINY pinhole in one of the handles and that was it. Except for the color of the handles and their attachment, it is almost impossible to tell a 45S and a 42S from across the room; especially when they're moving!!!!!!!!

Back