Wootz Slicer 210mm

Hello and good day. Heres one I just finished up. The blade is Wootz steel from Richard Furrer. :thumbup:

The knife is approx 210mm on the edge. and is approx 29mm high at the heel, and 2.75mm thick tapering to the tip.

The handle material is walrus ivory. Its considered fossil walrus tusk. The color and texture are natural. The ferrule is 12000++ year old mammoth tusk. The walrus piece had a natural shape similar to a D handle so I left is as natural as possible. allowing the piece to determine the handle shape and size.

The OAL on this knife is 13 1/2"
Handle is 122mm long ant is 27.5mm tall tapering to 38mm, its 18mm thick, tapering to 23.5mm

Thanks for looking, as always comments and critiques welcomed.
Blessings
Randy

Looks great!

Do they come in 270 or 300mm?

Handle looks robust, maybe it's just the short blade...

The handle is a bit larger then some. But not so much so that its not functional. It actually feels really good in hand!

The idea was to use the natural material as it was. not to reshape it. The specs are written with handle measurements etc.

If you would like somthing made I can do a larger blade for ya. Just shoot me a email and we can get the design and materials figured out and go forward from there. :)

God Bless YA and thanks for checkin out my post!

Here are some better photos of the knife and handle!

Randy

Really lovely work. I have long wanted to see a wootz bladed knife for the kitchen. I just looked at the Richard Furrer site again. That is wootz with a pedigree. I have long admired your work Randy and seeing your fine talents combined with Richard Furrer's work is a privilege. Would this steel be suitable for a chefs knife? maybe I should just send you an e-mail. Thanks.

Many thanks. I appreciate the comments and kind words.

Bhamster Feel free to contact me at your convenience. :)

Back