Recommendation? Worksharp blade grinding attachment (Ken Onion edition).

Has anyone tried sharpening CPM20CV on the Ken Onion Worksharp grinding attachment?
I have tried to raise a burr using 120p belt at medium speed without much luck, any ideas to solve this problem?I can't use a flat stone as the blade I am trying to sharpen has a slight recurve.

I have a Benchmade Griptilian in 20cv that I just sharpened. The burr is really small and hard to see. I'm sure I look ridiculous but I wear a headlamp when sharpening. Helps me to see the burr.

I have a Benchmade Griptilian in 20cv that I just sharpened. The burr is really small and hard to see. I'm sure I look ridiculous but I wear a headlamp when sharpening. Helps me to see the burr.
You need to get yourself a USB microscope connected to a pc screen to view the apex of the blade, the burr on 20cv steel is like dust, I use a TSPROF Bliz for sharpening and always use a USB microscope that I picked up from Amazon for about £28 that is more than adequate to see the apex clearly. With a slight recurve you can use the edge of the stone for the recurve section of the blade. I had a Ken Onion Worksharp and sold it, had a Wicked Edge, and sold it, I now have a TSPROF BLITZ 360 and find it excellent for all my sharpening needs from a small penknife blade up to an eight-inch kitchen knife.

Last edited:
Back