World Championship in Knife Throwing August 2014, France

Hi all you knife throwing nuts,

you are very much invited to join the World Championship in Knife Throwing (EuroThrowers edition).

It is held August 21-24 2014 in Callac/Brittany/France, so far 77 throwers from 9 counries (DE, CH, UK, IT, FR, RU, HU NL, USA) registered.

So, what's this Championship, and why should I go?:
Started 14 years ago for a group of throwers from Germany and France to have fun throwing together. Got bigger and bigger, got a "European" Championship, then this year a "World" one - in 2013, we had 13 (!) nations participating! So, you really have the crème-de-la-menthe participating, and the top rankings play out with 1-2 points difference. Luckily, the competitiveness has not put the fun part out of the meeting - the throwers are still there to throw with (plenty of new) friends, and enjoy sticking steel! Beside the official tournament events, there's always fun side stuff like speed throwing (electronic metering this year) or silhouette.
So, come for the fun, learn some tricks from cool throwers, and compete!

Travel-wise: The Championship is held in Brittany, a traditional French holiday region: endless stretches of desserted beaches, a good touristic infrastructure, and good food. Plus, it's only a quick direct train ride from Paris (nearest airport).

All the details, including the throwing rules, travel hints, and even a summary of the local knife laws, are available here:
www.knifethrowing.info/Championship

I'd love to meet you in Callac!

Christian Thiel
-- EuroThrowers.org
-- KnifeThrowing.info

PS: We are aware that there are other World Championships in knife throwing (USA, Russia). But until we manage to unite all those World Championships, we'll upgrade our European Championship to a World one every some years.

Update: A report on the World Championship, together with photos of the friendly knife throwers, and the official results are available at KnifeThrowing.info

There were 147 participants from 12 nations. The UK, among other, had a full team there. The Czech Republic won the country ranking, before France and Germany.

I had tons of fun there! We'll try our best to make the 2015 Championship, held in August in the UK, an equal success!

Back