World's smallest sheath?

Hey all,

Wanted to tap your expertises for an opinion on a small sheath.

I'm looking to make one for a kind of razor blade. I've used shrink tubing in the past which worked well, but the downside is that the blade can cut and split the tubing eventually.

Any ideas. I'll start trying with Kydex, but I'm wondering if it is going to be thin enough, if I can secure the folded edge without the bulky rivet, and also keep it from falling out.

Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.

Some of you guys are the fore-most pros in this field and I hope I can render a little bit of you expert opinions on this project.

Thanks,

- Dustin

All I can envision is leather or plastic folded over with a pin going through the hole in the blade to act as a pivot.....then you may as well have a little folding knife.....

All I can envision is leather or plastic folded over with a pin going through the hole in the blade to act as a pivot.....then you may as well have a little folding knife.....

some kydexbender has done that with kydex on a similar blade...i can not remember which forum he had posted the pictures...it looked great and worked great too...

That's something I've been toying with, but I've not familiar enough with rivets to find one that is small enough to fit in the hole, but you suggesting reinforces that it might work. THANKS!!!

some kydexbender has done that with kydex on a similar blade...i can not remember which forum he had posted the pictures...it looked great and worked great too...

I wish you knew. I can use all the help I can get. I'm a neophyte when it comes to kydex.

Lots of plastics are heat form-able, if Kydex is too thick, try milk jug or blister pack material. That said, having a robust sheath for that blade might be a good idea, I imagine you can only bend that ceramic so far before it breaks. If rivets are too bulky, consider punching or drilling holes and sewing the edges together

Back