Worth of Schrade I XL Cutlery Display w/ Knives

I have a Schrade I XL Cutlery Display Case with Knives. All 5 knives have the same serial number and each folding knife has Schrade I XL Wostenholm 1787 Sheffield Englad engraved on the blade. I was wondering what something like this is worth. My father was a huge knife collector and passed away 6 years ago and I want my children to have them but want them to know what they are worth when I pass them on. Two of the knives are genuine bone, two are genuine staghorn and 1 is ivory micarta. The display has never been opened and still has the prices by each knife like a store display would be. Thank you for any information you can give me on this. There is a display case by itself on E-Bay right now Item #6586971162 without the knives.:)

I have one of these (knives) too! It was given to me by a one-time boyfriend of my sister's in 1981. He was an apprentice knife maker at another Sheffield cutlers, Joseph Rodgers, who owned the Wostenholm and IXL marks When the firm closed down the various names were bought by Richards, who produced some of the worst cutlery that ever came out of Sheffield. They mainly sold off the stock and later the Rodgers name, along with IXL and Wostenholm (think they're still owned by Ibbotson's.) The Shrade - IXL - Wostenholm knives were designated 'export only' as I gather they sold for a fair bit more. I had a couple originally, but gave one to my father, and I have a great set of Wostenholm - IXL kitchen knives from the same period (the same knives were also sold under the Rodgers name and also as Wilkinson Sword.) The model I have has stag scales and a clip-point blade just under 4 inches. As I recall my dad's knife had a slightly less exaggerated clip-point, and a blade of about 3 inches in length. I haven't carried it for years, but it's not a bad traditional knife. The pattern was made by a lot of small Sheffield cutlers apparently with finishing work being farmed out by Rodgers, as was traditional in Sheffield.

Welcome to Bladeforums!

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

Back