• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Worth visiting BladeHQ store in Utah?

I'll be visiting near Salt Lake City this week and was wondering if the BladeHQ store was worth the ~1 hour drive each way?

There are stores near me at home, but mostly Benchmade dealers. It's rare to see any ZTs, CRKs, Spydercos, Cold Steels etc. Certainly none of the brands outside the top 3-5 as well.

Just wondering what your opinions were of the experience and selection. I've watched a few YouTube shop tours but wanted to hear your perspective as well.

I stopped there on a cross country drive. If you have the time it's definitely worth it. The guys that work there love knives just as much as we do and they're fun to chat with and are willing to show you just about anything they have in stock. I'm always one to want to hold the knife in question before buying and it's a good place to do so.

Yes, definitely stop by. Be sure to prepare a list of everything you want to handle and see while you are there, ahead of time.

They reference everything by an item number in their system, such as: Item #BHQ-76071. Having a list of item numbers will make it easy for them to grab exactly what you want.

definitely worth it. They are very patient as you fondle knife after knife after knife. Their counter area is small but their inventory is massive. good prices too.

Just made my list, thank you!

For that reason I have stopped there twice on trips to Utah. I live in New England sooooo, it is fair to say stopping at BHQ made the list on an already amazing trip to the area.

Update: I went to the BHQ store today in Utah!

I ended up staying there for 2 hours while looking over the 25+ knives I wrote down and more. Hinderers, WE knives, Olamic, and more. Surprisingly, a lot of the other visitors came in with item #s ready as well, though I don't think anyone stayed nearly as long =)

They were incredibly nice and understanding, especially given that I could touch all their expensive knives for hours without spending a cent there. The people behind the counter (I spent most of my time with a gentleman named Kyle) were obvious knife enthusiasts - their love of knives wasn't something that could be learned through employee training. I almost felt like I belonged in a knife addiction anonymous group with these folks.

Feeling the knives made a HUGE difference. For example, I never knew:
  • Olamic knives are AWESOME! Incredible action and F&F is impeccable. Absolutely gorgeous in person, pics absolutely do not compare
  • Every single WE knife had exceptional action. Each one I handled was better than the best ZTs I've ever used (562, 560, 920, 452, 450, and more)
  • Spyderco Military is HUGE. The BHQ M4 exclusive jade was gorgeous and still so tempting though
  • Hinderer knives are beastly yet somehow the Half Track is so tiny. Action is pretty mediocre
  • Kershaw Skyline is horrible!
I left with a Boker Mini Kwaiken (BHQ exclusive in CF and blackwash), a BHQ t-shirt, and, some goodies they kindly threw in for free.

Based on this experience, BladeHQ will be the first site I turn to when looking at a new knife.

Like many of you mentioned, it was well worth the visit and one of the many highlights of visiting SLC. Thank you for your recommendations and tips!

Boker-Mini-Kwaiken-cf-sw-BHQ-36349-er-large.jpg

Last edited:
Back