Would a police officer actually bust you for an automatic knife if you had a CCW permit?

Depends on your laws, the mood hes in, and how much they wanna tack on stuff when you was caught doing something stupid. Anything else is subject to argument.

"Would a police officer actually bust you for an automatic knife if you had a CCW permit?"​

If it's illegal, maybe yes. It's your life, do you wan't to take that chance ?

Reactions: DMG
Unfortunately the letter of the law is the only thing you can count on. I personally carry knives with blades unmistakably under the legal carry limit, to be safe.

Reactions: DMG
Whether you are licensed to carry a weapon concealed has no relation to whether the weapon itself is legal to carry. If a particular weapon is illegal in your state, a CCW permit isn't going to change that. If you carry an illegal weapon, the only thing keeping you from being arrested is the discretion of the LEO.

"Would a police officer actually bust you for an automatic knife if you had a CCW permit?"​

If it's illegal, maybe yes. It's your life, do you wan't to take that chance ?
Besides that leo are often exempt from some laws,most can legally carry a auto knife.Why would you want to supply them with a free knife that you paid for?

1. If you put an Officer in a position to write you up: it's his job, and he is required to do so.
2. If you choose to carry an automatic where you're not legally allowed to do so: accept the consequences of your actions.
3. If you get caught: we ALL get painted with the same broad brush.
Work to change bad laws. Don't just ignore them.
(And yes: I have quite a few automatics in a State that doesn't allow them... discretion is my guide.)

Last edited:
Back