Would anyone want a kizer kwaiken?

I would be more than interested. I would love to see them set themselves apart from the crowd on that front, as well, and I have a few ideas:

- 3.75"-4" S35VN traditional tanto blade (Curved tip - see: Stedemon Shy). High hollow grind blade with a flat-ground tanto tip, satin with heavily stonewashed flats, slight belly on blade.
- Sharpening notch
- Flipper w/ ceramic bearing pivot and detent ball, no thumb studs
- Titanium sub-frame lock with steel insert coming from under a contoured and polished carbon fiber handle
- Internal stop pin
- Lanyard hole
- Blade is completely contained within the handle when closed
- Crowned spine on blade

Features I think I would like but am not sure about:
- Deep-carry Ti pocket clip that is seamless to the end of the handle (see: Reate Begg Kwaiken).
- Post construction (no backspacer) for the sake of weight reduction
- Fuller / double fuller on flats of blade
- Two-tone pivot hardware; Thin bronze-color collar and polished center, matching bronze-color hardware

I feel like this would make for a lightweight, stylish, inconspicuous knife with great utility. The flipper tab would prevent the hand slipping up on the blade in use, and the combination of elements as described has definitely not been seen before and would set them far apart in the increasingly-saturated kwaiken market.

The street price point would probably land around $200-$220, but that still gives you an incredibly elegant and excellent knife that punches above its price point.

Last edited:
I have been wanting one of the Dietz modded boker kwaiken for a while. I like the way he cut the scales so the flipper tab is the corner of the tang. (Might have to get a dremel and try this mod myself)

IMG_7241.jpg

I would like to see Kwaiken knives that have the more japanese style tanto blade compared to the angular "american" tanto.

The people have spoken kizer! All 5 of em! Lets see a kwaiken in 2018!

And if I have to ill test the prototype :)

Boker's kwaiken is the only kwaiken I've had, and I'm not a huge fan of the flipper tab (too small/shaped wrong). It also is on the thick side and my factory edge was not all that sharp. That said, if someone (Kizer) made a slicier kwaiken that flipped well, I'd love to try it.

So has the term Kwaiken come to describe what is actually more similar to a Japanese Tanto tip?

To me the term seems to also signify a sleek and compact folder or knife (based on historical kwaikens being small tanto.)

The Begleiter does not look very kwaikeny to me. (And thus does not have the lines of a japanese small tanto)

Begleiter variety with
About 3.5 inch
Titanium Handle and clip
S35VN Blade
Weight 2.6 oz Calculate by computer.

I would buy the knife with the quickness! I recently bought the Stedamon IV Shy Jade and love the looks but its a bit large for carry. A more slim line version like the one above would kick ass and I would buy it no problem. Expecially kizer, I bought the Guru and it's amazingly built, perfectly centered and very afffordable. I looked for other but I wish they had 3 oz -3.5 versions.

Love the clip point, don't care for the tanto at all.

That seems abit light for a 3.5 inch bladed full titanium knife.

I had a WE618, which was over 3.5", and it was 2.9 ounces, a real featherweight for the size, particularly with full Ti scales.

as for which one I personally like I like both, but I would only buy the first, if the tanto look more stubby? or Chris Reeve Tanto like I would be all over both of them today.

Back