Wow......4 days of Snow/Ice/Sleet and more to come!!!

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We are snowed in...

Well, not really...because I do have a 4WD truck....and am AOK in the snow. The problem isn't me, though...it's the crazies out there who never drive in snow and cause wrecks and traffic jams.

I went to Walmart yesterday - the 10 minute drive took 45 minutes.

So, naturally....I haven't been to the post office either.

It is has been crazy here.

Only snows a little...but quickly turns to ice. We never see temperatures below the 'teens.....but all week we have been dipping down near zero - which is NUTZ.

Crazy Arkansas Weather &$#&#$!!

Fortunately, I have been able to get some good work done in the shop!!

I'll make updates as soon as I can....I have been hard at work and haven't had much time on the forums.

:thumbup:

Dan

Once again...I have placed calls and sent emails....time to try again!!!

Dan

I hear ya. It's been like that over here in central OK too. The roads have mostly cleared up now but it's friggin' cold out there. I went out to the shop to try to do some work and had to break the ice up in my dip bucket under the grinder. Every time I dipped the knife, when the water dripped onto the tool rest it would freeze.

I really need to invest in a good shop heater. Those little space heaters don't do much.

My favorite drivers in this kind of weather are the little import car drivers with the fart cans on the exhaust. I had several of them zip past me in my 4 X 4 with snow chains on. Got to see them in the ditches. I stopped to make sure they had cell phones and weren't hurt and left them there. You just can't fix stupid.

The guys in 4X4's ripping down the roads like it's dry pavement are almost as bad.

Stay safe.
SDS

You should use USPS click n ship and schedule a pick up from USPS. Makes life simple for busy people.

Yes - part of what I did Monday was get a printer I could put here in my shop and pick up some self-adhesive labels. I am now setup for it.

Only problem is that the mailman comes at 9AM....grrrr.....used to come at 1PM. Oh well.

Dan

Survived the weather somehow and it's now back up to high-30s.

No fun working in a shop when it's zero degrees!

(my heater just couldn't keep up...I was wearing 4 layers of clothing to stay warm....:mad: )

Dan

Back