WOW!! Demand is Rising!

I know. At this rate I'm tempted to sell my Model 10 (with the old style hand grond blade) and see if I can pick one up later for a lot less money.

The problem here is the condition of the knife. This one is only $275 and it's mint.

itemE4S.JPG

You're right Chuck, the condition doesn't look great, but even $237 for a NIB 30 sounds high to me.

That is a PC 69 i assume? You say it's only 275, but even that sounds high to me...Is that one for sale somewhere? What would you have expected a NIB 69 to go for these days?

It's a BM35 and, NO, I wouldn't take $275 for my NIB PC69.......:p

Well i stand corrected on two counts:rolleyes:...a BM35 like you say, thanks Dawkind:)

Yes 237 does seem a bit high and yes the condition of the knife is definitely not NIB. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find one NIB for less money?

Originally posted by PWO
Yes 237 does seem a bit high and yes the condition of the knife is definitely not NIB. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find one NIB for less money?
Sorry, if any one of us can find a NIB model 35 for a lot less money, chances are we'll buy it ourselves. That's the fun of bali bounty hunting. Especially for the older out-of-production ones.

BTW, you got 2 good ones from Ebay. Congrats. And the prices were fair on those.

DAMN! ebay pulled the auction. Does anyone know why some are pulled and others with the exact same items are allowed to complete?

It's called "Ebay Roulette"

It works for balisongs, switchblades, throwing stars, drug paraphanalia, and even babies...

An Illegal auction starts, and everybody puts a dollar on the time ( days-hours ) it will get pulled.

I've spent at least 10-12 nights playing this new form of gambling.

Seriously, there is a "customer support team" that is also known as the "cool bali Gestapo".

Sometimes they pull the auction early, and you will see a listing in the search engine, but when you try to link to it, it becomes "invalid".

Others wait until just a few hours before the auctions' close.

They Love to pull auctions that get over $50.00,or if they are especially cool, but let a lot of the china cheapies through.
Heck, I've seen some china cheapies go for MAD $$$. Like $56.00 or something stupid.
Every once in a while one slips through..

Your best bet is to "ask seller a question" early and get him to email you. Then if something happens, it isn't lost into the VOID.

Happy Hunting!!
Blade420

I've actually figured out how to get around the ebay gestapo. I've tried a few times to sell my balisongs on ebay.

They haven't cancelled one of mine lately. I think the trick is to:

1. Have a short auction time. 3 days or less
2. Don't put a picture of the balisong.
3. Don't link to any pictures of balisongs
4. Don't link to any kind of balisong pages.
5. Explain that pictures are available upon request.

Now the downfall to not having any pictures is that it seems to discourage bidding. Maybe not, but that's what I feel.

Downfall to shorter auction times is that some people may not catch your auction. But then again, the gestapo doesn't get a chance to cancel you either.

Any deviation to the above five rules, and your percentage of having a successful ebay transaction drops roughly in half.

-j-

A short auction is unlikely to get you the top dollar and no pictures really will discourage bidders. The pair is fatal. If I find your auction on the second day, there isn't time for me to e-mail you requesting pictures and receive the reply from you. Basically, a three day auction with no pictures is a one day auction.

Now, on my site, the only danger is that someone will buy the knife you want before you.

If you insist on an auction, use bladeauction.com

Without reference to present company or to any other seller. I know that I've bought countless balisongs on eBay and had nothing but great results. But, you do have to wonder about someone who's selling a balisong on eBay. It's against the house rules (And you can argue and argue about the rules but that's neither here nor there. The rules are what they are.). If this person doesn't respect that rule, what other rules will they also violate?

I'd prefer to use a different auction site where everything can be done above the board.

Back