Wow - Swamp Rat Tali-Whacker Is One Outstanding Knife

Azula Gun Holsters

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Did not expect that the 10 ounce Tali-Whacker LE would feel so good in the hand. Balanced and light for this size blade. At first it looks like a Tanto but actually curves. The Res-C handle is perfect for a large hand. It is in pristine condition but going to sharpen her up and put her to the test. It looks like the original Tali-Whacker was the first knife made from SR101.
3/16" thick, 7 1/4" long, satin finished blade. It is 12.5" OAL

Also threw in a picture of our newly designed mag pouch for the Glock 9mm 33 round magazine. We have the clip on, 1 slot belt and IWB version available.

Size compared to an AMS
PCbWkxe.jpg

YWLTm8u.jpg

GHuDpFf.jpg

D97BaXe.jpg

AyhdP1X.jpg

rDnM1Zt.jpg

New Azula Gun Holsters Glock 9mm 33 Round Magazine Pouch
xEul1xR.jpg

9eXvq8O.jpg

81lOfmf.jpg

Last edited:
Nice score! :thumbsup:
The Tali-Whacker has a traditional Japanese style tip. It would be closest to a O-kissaki katana tip.

Yours is nice and shiney!:cool:

Mine's dirty...err, muddy.;)
ez1MF3R.jpg

...and you're right, I think they are an often un-sung hero of the Busse-kin offerings. I REALLY like mine!!!

Yours is nice and shiney!:cool:

Mine's dirty...err, muddy.;)
ez1MF3R.jpg

...and you're right, I think they are an often un-sung hero of the Busse-kin offerings. I REALLY like mine!!!

I guess it's a combo of the coating & lighting, but Stumpy, yours doesn't look like it has an armor piercing tip...or is it just me? Sorry :oops: for asking, just started on my morning cup of coffee.

I guess it's a combo of the coating & lighting, but Stumpy, yours doesn't look like it has an armor piercing tip...or is it just me? Sorry :oops: for asking, just started on my morning cup of coffee.

I'll have to double check when I get home tonight. stand by...

Looks like yours is the original model
From the original post on the LE anniversary model:

The original TW was 1/4" thick and featured a 6 3/4" long blade and was 12" OAL.
This Limited Edition Annivesary model is a bit longer but much faster with its super light 3/16" thick, 7 1/4" long, satin finished blade. It is 12.5" OAL

I have two or three (never quite sure) one of the LEs and (I believe) two of the later release. They are a wonderful blade in hand...!

They are an awesome knife. Love mine. It almost looks like a butcher's boning knife on roids.

Sorry for the delay and the pictures are just down-n-dirty kitchen table shots, but here's how mine measured out...

OAL: 12.5"
Blade: 7.375"
Thickness w/ coating: almost .187"
Mine does NOT appear to have a armor piercing tip
Could be an LE that was coated later or a Ganzaaa over-run maybe?
2NJy0I2.jpg

EHy9FUZ.jpg

Mg8uiF9.jpg

I did note the grind was ever so slightly uneven on this TW (hence the decision to coat it and make it a CG maybe?), the saber grind on the right side of the blade is just a touch higher and a little further back from the tip than the left side grind (You can see it in the picture of the tip). It's interesting, because I took a quick pic of the T-Whacker with my latest acquisition (a James Helm "Mean Little Sucker"), and the MLS has the same thing going on. Make no mistake, I'm not bothered at all about the minor differences in grind heights as these two were created to be USED and not made to be art/collector pieces. I'm just going to assume this is a nod to some ancient tradition I'm not familiar with and sleep well tonight. It is interesting to find my two latest blades have such a similar blade profile. Maybe my tastes are changing a little as I gain more gray in my beard.;)
UkrkMt1.jpg

Very nice

Sorry for the delay and the pictures are just down-n-dirty kitchen table shots, but here's how mine measured out...

OAL: 12.5"
Blade: 7.375"
Thickness w/ coating: almost .187"
Mine does NOT appear to have a armor piercing tip
Could be an LE that was coated later or a Ganzaaa over-run maybe?
2NJy0I2.jpg

EHy9FUZ.jpg

Mg8uiF9.jpg

I did note the grind was ever so slightly uneven on this TW (hence the decision to coat it and make it a CG maybe?), the saber grind on the right side of the blade is just a touch higher and a little further back from the tip than the left side grind (You can see it in the picture of the tip). It's interesting, because I took a quick pic of the T-Whacker with my latest acquisition (a James Helm "Mean Little Sucker"), and the MLS has the same thing going on. Make no mistake, I'm not bothered at all about the minor differences in grind heights as these two were created to be USED and not made to be art/collector pieces. I'm just going to assume this is a nod to some ancient tradition I'm not familiar with and sleep well tonight. It is interesting to find my two latest blades have such a similar blade profile. Maybe my tastes are changing a little as I gain more gray in my beard.;)
UkrkMt1.jpg

Back