WOW, You Guys Have Been Busy!

Wow!
I haven't been on here in 2-1/2 months. You guys have been busy! There are 5-1/2 pages of new posts that I need to catch up with!

I went to the OKCA show in mid-April and this is the first chance I have had to get back here. I got buried in knife customizing orders and repairs after the show. After that it was just a case of life happening. My best friend of 37 years had a heart attack and they thought he was not going to make it. I made 2 trips to Washington State to see him. Happily he pulled through and should be down to go fishing in about a month.

I got a bunch of knives at the OKCA show, half a dozen or so from Charlie (Waynorth). Thank you Charlie! In the mean time my camera went AWOL, so now I have to learn to use my wife’s camera. I really hate learning a new camera!

My wife & I took a vacation, (the first in about 4 years) and I hit the knife & pawnshops, I came home with about 15 knives, most of them Schrades.

Summertime is especially busy this year, a family reunion, fishing trips, caring for my garden, visits to the doctors and a granddaughter who is getting married in NJ next month. I won’t have a lot of time to spend here, but I will try to stay in touch better and post some knife pics……………………………….once I figure out my wire’s camera that is.

I want to share pics of a couple special Schrades.
The first is a Schrade Cut Co, easy open ebony jack that I repaired for a fellow in Australia. The handle was cracked, the secondary blade was broken off and there were some nasty nicks in the master blade. I think it came out OK.
I love that big fat spear blade!

The other special Old Timer is one you seldom see. This Old Timer is one I have had Schrade-lust for since I first saw it. It was owned by one of our own members, Codger. Codger sent me an email a few months ago and asked it I wanted it. I quickly answered in the affirmative!

This Old Timer is the 902OT, and is listed in the Schrade Short line catalogs of 1988 through 1990. Even though it is not a knife, it appeared in the Old Timer list in the Short Line catalogs. As you can see from the package and the Old Timer name on it, the 902OT is a genuine Schrade Old Timer. Thanks again Michael.

Dale

Attachments

• Schrade Cut Co EZ Open.jpg
    Schrade Cut Co EZ Open.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 26
  • Schrade Cut Co EZ Open 2.jpg
    Schrade Cut Co EZ Open 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Schrade Cut Co EZ Open 3.jpg
    Schrade Cut Co EZ Open 3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 902OT a.jpg
    902OT a.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 902OT f.jpg
    902OT f.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 29
Welcome back, Dale!!! Good to see you here again!

Nice job on that EO, and great score on the 902OT. I haven't seen one of those, but will have to keep my eye out now that I have.

Also looking forward to seeing those new knives you have picked up once you get the wife's camera figured out.

Dave

Good to see you back, Dale; fire up that camera manual and give us a look!

We've been busy? I think you got it backwards Dale, sounds like you've been going non-stop. Glad everything's been working out OK, especially with your buddy! Must have been quite a scare.

Really nice job on the EO, and I have to admit I'd never heard of the 902OT, thanks for the enlightenment!

Eric

Bingo! Here ya go, from a 1988 ad to retailers:

2rd8zyc.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

Thanks guys.
It is good to get back here.

Thanks for the flyer Eric.
I had not seen that one before.

Dale

Back