Wroughndt's 1000 post giveaway IS OVER!

Thank You for this generous giveaway!!! I would choose the Natchez Bowie. I still have plenty to learn and this is a great place to do so. Just recently I learned how to swing a forging hammer properly from a video posted by a knifemaker member.

Thanks for the opportunity, I'd like a chance at the Natchez please. This forum has really helped me learn more about the different steels and their characteristics, and there is a tremendous sense of generosity and community here.

In for the Ultimate Hunter. Thanks for the chance!

I've learned... everything I know about knives. I come here for every single little detail or picture that's allowed me to compare knives and decide if they're worth getting or not. If I see a knife I want, the first thing I do is come here to learn more about it. I also learned how to acid etch/stonewash, and I learned that G10 is not good for your lungs.

Very cool. Congrats. I just hit the 1k mark myself, must do something similar. Would love the folder.

What I've learned? That's impossible to define because it's been so much. Learned loads about different metals, and have really improved my sharpening technique because of all the time and knowledge others have been so generous with.

I'm in for the Natchez thanks!
I've learned how generous people can be and a lot about sharpening.

I'm in for the Natchez. Only Cold Steel fixed blade I've had is a GI Tanto and would like to try that bowie beast out. Don't have much to add on what I've learned that hasn't been said. Lots of great info and people here for sure. Very generous giving these away! Thanks for the chance.

Count me in!
If I am picked, please defer my win to comeuppance.

I have learned that, for the most part, the community here on Bladeforums is one of the more kind and generous places around.

Another- To help break down a DLC coating, soak the blade in hydrogen peroxide for 1.5-2 hours, then sand with 800 grit to get a black wash effect from a matte black blade.
-------
Thanks for doing this OP.
Good luck everyone!

I'm in. Love the Bowie. I have really been obsessing over bowies lately.

I have learned that there really is a difference in steels. I have also learned to look and feel the edge of a knife to see how sharp the edge is.

Thanks!

Very generous. I'd like a shot at the Bowie please. I've learned that quality over quantity is much more gratifying. I also appreciate the great advice & experience here at BF. It has kept me from making more than one mistake for sure.

I'm in for the Ultimate Hunter.

I found this site trying to figure out what size the screws were on my leek so I could buy a driver to tighten the pocket clip screws. I learned that I really like knives and the money spending began.

I'm in for the Ultimate Hunter! Great GAW!

I have learned so much on BF. Learning about the different blade steels has probably been the most helpful thing I have learned.

Very nice OP. I would also be in for the Natchez Bowie and appreciate you doing this. I have learned that there are many trust worthy people in this world. If you have told me a few months ago that I would mail things to people I have never met and ACTUALLY receive something in return I would have called you crazy! Love the guys on this site and have made some great friends.

Thank you for all of the participation! I am thinking that it will go until tomorrow night. Winners will be announced then.

Count me in for the Ultimate Hunter! I think this is an extremely creative and awesome way to give back to the knife community! I like the idea so much that I will do the same thing if/when I ever get to 1,000 posts. At my current rate it will probably be another 27 years or so :p

My post count may not be high, but the many things that I have learned browsing these forums cannot be counted. Every time I hear about a new steel I come hear to get the people's consensus. I have also picked up TONS of tips for sharpening and maintaining my blades. I have been introduced to so many different custom and production knives due to browsing the trade and for sale thread, that I may have never known existed otherwise. I have sold and traded knives, and made friends in the process. If I am ever asked a question I do not have the answer to, I ALWAYS refer people to Bladeforums, there is simply too much knowledge floating around here for someone to not find an answer.

Last edited:
My endless knowledge learned about Slip Joints. Thanks for the chance! Congrats on your 1000. Natchez Bowie.

I'm in for the Natchez Bowie.

Thanks for the chance at a awesome giveaway!
One of the best thing about this site besides the wealth of information is the comradery that exists between so many of the members and how everyone is so eager to help the new members.

I have made many friends over the time that I have been here and found knives that I never even knew existed.

A great place to be a part of.

Great giveaway! Not in but....

I've learned more than I want to know about steels. Sharpening. Different styles of knives. But probably the most I have learned was just watching the Knifemakers Exchange. Unbelievable artists and the Keeper of the Forge! Props to all the Master Makers here and all those that just give it their best! I have seen several makers in just the couple of years I've been here evolve and become so much better. And with the support of other makers and members. The support of the community is pretty special.

Back