• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wrought Iron San Mai 270mm Gyuto/Kiritsuke [SOLD]

Hi everyone! I've got a nice new kitchen knife that I just finished up and am ready to show, hope yall like it :)

The blade is san mai with wrought iron cladding, a pure nickel shim, and a W2 core. I gave it a dark etch in ferric chloride for some really great contrast. The blade itself is a beast, coming in right around 270mm. Despite its length, it is relatively light and features a smooth distal taper from 3/16" at the handle down to just under 3/32" at the end of the spine. the blade is just under 2" tall and my XXL hands easily clear the cutting board when chopping and slicing with it. Both the spine and choil are rounded for comfort, and the handle is made from stabilized red mallee burl with a blackwood bolster. It comes sharp and ready to be put to work. I think the handle and blade really pop on this knife, but you can be the judge of that with some pics below :)

I'm asking [SOLD] USD for this blade shipped in the US. If you live outside the US I'm sure we can figure something out :)
No saya right now, but I can make a matching wood saya for an extra [SOLD] USD, just tell me when you claim the blade!
Please let me know what you think down below! I'm always looking for feedback so I can improve my craft
If you have any questions about the blade or are looking for a custom order, feel free to PM me or contact me at yozakuraforge@gmail.com! I'll have this blade posted elsewhere, so the first to claim it gets it :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking, I hope everyone has a great weekend :D
-Grant

Last edited:
This one's officially sold! Thanks for looking everyone. I'll be releasing more kitchen knives soon so stay tuned! ;)

Back