WSK - G10 & 5160 steel

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
One for the Night Owls....

I'm in a good mood tonight...:D...despite the thunderous rain and tornados headed our way...:eek:

Here is one of the early prototypes of my WSK (Wilderness Survival Kukri). I decided to dress it up a bit today and make a new kydex sheath for it. This sheath is set up to "piggyback" any of my Karda knife sheaths. See here for a sample pic:

Combo Sheath

Check it out:

WSK092106.jpg

Specs:

8.5" blade of 5160 steel, 1/4" stock, "jungle finish"
5.5" handle of G10, 3/4" at thickest, bead-blasted for better texture
14" overall
Weight = 19.5 oz
Weight with kydex sheath = 22.5 oz
Both finger-holes are chamfered.
Point-Of-Balance is in/near the finger ring.

For comparison's sake, the TB Tracker is 2 inches shorter and 9 oz heavier.

If you have any questions on the different uses and applications of this survival knife, feel free to ask.

Each WSK passes a "Through a 2x4 twice and still shave hair" test before it leaves my shop. :thumbup:

I'll let this prototype go for a discounted price:

*SOLD* shipped ConUS (International extra)
Includes the sheath AND the regular TekLok.
(but not the sharpening stone)

Thanks!

I think your WSK is better than the Tracker WSK. It looks like you put a lot of thought into the design and a lot of work into making it. Really great job!

Okay, having tried a friend's TOPS Tracker, participated in the Predator passaround and as an owner of a Linger WSK I think this is as close to honor-bound as I've ever been to try out a knife---email sent.

Warren

Dan, after handling one of your wsk's at the blade show, I've got to let everyone know that it is one great knife. The saw is incredibly sharp. Great feel to the whole knife! The sheath looks very nice.

Yes...this one is SOLD.

And, um, so are the next three...:eek:
(thanks for the emails, guys! :thumbup:)

Forgot to mark it...:eek:...oops!

Wow Daniel! Besides the knife, which is beautiful by the way, your kydex sheath looks very nicely done. :thumbup:

EricO

Daniel, very interesting design. It seems like you put alot of thought into this. What are the different uses and applications of this knife. Thanks

Received this yesterday; this knife is incredibly well balanced for its size--not really very heavy but all the weight out front. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet but I know it is going to perform. Really one of the most interesting variations on this design that I have seen/held, and executed very very well.

If another one of these come up folks, snatch it. Good as Dan's pictures are, it's a real treat in person. :thumbup:

Knife has arrived. No question my newest favorite knife of all time! I can't get over how cool it is, and wanted to thank you profusely for all the work you put into it for me. I really appreciate you going out of your way for me like you did. My wife is actually a little afraid of it (which I like since I know she won't grab it to cut tags off of clothing with). I love the Kydex sheath you made. The balance is dead center of the finger hole. It's perfect in so many way. Screw those crappy Tops Trackers. Your design and modifications go so far beyond what's been done with this style knife. I showed it to a client of mine today who's a hunting guide, and he just raised his brow and went, "Woa, you could build your whole base camp with this one tool". I just grinned and was like, "Damn right you could; plus you could gut, skin, and quarter whatever you brought back to it!". Can't thank you enough, my friend. Loving it!

Back