WSK - Wilderness Survival Kukri

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Pic:

attachment.php

Story:

This is my spin-off of the Dave Beck WSK made popular by the movie The Hunted.

I really like the idea of the knife, and hope to add a few of my own humble "upgrades".

Notably:
  • creating more of a "chopping" profile
  • short sawback, moved away from the tip (to allow for better skinning/draw-knife cutting)
  • "raised" false edge - to clear sawback
  • "bell" at the end of the contoured handle for comfort and control
  • front and rear lanyard tubes
  • finger hole in the blade for safety/control while draw-knife cutting
  • finger ring instead of drop-guard for security/control
The blade is 8.5" long and the handle 5.5", 14" overall, 1/4" thick at the finger-ring, 2.25" wide at the belly. Weighs ~19 oz. The drawknife is hollow-ground, the main blade flat-ground. All are sharpened with convex a micro-bevel. Sawtooth can easily be resharpened by hand with a triangle file. False edge is not sharpened.

But most importantly, the blade has a distal taper and the tang has been drilled out to create a well balanced knife and not just another sharpened prybar.

Price is **see new price below** and includes FREE shipping (ConUS).

Payment information here:

http://www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks!

Attachments

• WSK14.jpg
    WSK14.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,265
Id buy it but my missus would have my nuts for earrings methinks. I like yours better than TOPS and have never seen one of Becks, but it'd have to be pretty special to beat that! I'll trade ya for my genuine chinese POS kukri.:D

Thanks for the kinds words. :thumbup:

that is one trippy knife dude. Innovative next step, I think you're on to sumthin:thumbup:

I remember this knife being designed over in the Cantina - A lot of thought went into this one!

nice work, dan.

If anybody's interested in a $50 price drop - shoot me an email. Thanks!

:thumbup:

SIRGALANT said:
what is CONUS?

indication of shipping area - CONtinental US of A; depending on use, it means the 48 states of the USA not including HI or AK; some people include Canada but less common. generally it means that shipping to other countries is too expensive or fraught with perils.

this is a sweet sweet blade. i love mine. if i save some more, i'd almost consider a second to store :)

hey dan, i know you have a ycs-style karda - it reminds me muchly of the overall khukri shape of course - which leads me to think of a 3/4 or even 1/2 sized WSK *shape* (without the saw and draw knife and rings) - a kind of expanded ycs-style karda. although my current sheath cannot accomodate an accessory knife - i think i sure would love one (have been eyeing those karambit-esque ones you do to).

huge thumbs up. this is quality work people !!!

bladite

Thanks! I have a Karda companion for this knife finally...I'll get a pic and post to the original thread later.

I will gladly ship out of the US, but not for free. :( Within the Continental US is free...outside that, we can negotiate actual shipping costs.

Thanks again!

I must be in a good mood today...droppin' prices everywhere.

Well, take advantage of me and pick up this "prototype" with kydex sheath.

New weekend price = $225 shipped ConUS, kydex sheath included. Today only!

I must be nuts. :eek:

One more shot at this prototype...then it's back in the safe to "appreciate". :D

Thanks for lookin'!

Dan

Daniel Koster said:
One more shot at this prototype...then it's back in the safe to "appreciate". :D
Thanks for lookin'!
Dan

ah, that'll teach me to go camping, and find out the live on the property/camp/preserve naturlist/conservator is "one of us" in the whole outdoors, primitive arts thing... yes. teach me to be using my WSK ;) instead of being here for the bargain of the year. well. damn. next time i listen to the owls :)

bladite

Back