WTB ak bowie

dont know where to post this... hope its ok here :foot:
looking to buy a himalayan imports ak bowie... name your price
already inquired with yangdu but i could always use 2 :cool:

You are on the list, Thank you for your continue support to HI and kamis.

The AKB is great, but what you WANT is a Munk Chunk Cleaver;) Actually, they are both wonderful compact choppers that will do pretty much whatever you want them to. Me, I think I have some sort of Freudian issues or something. Ya know, SAK with the most stuff, Multi-tool that is the toughest, etc;) Kidding of course. However, it would be fun to get a bunch of bowie collectors together with their super steels and rubber-ish handles and say, "Put 'em in a pile, fellas" then inspect the mound o' bowies and say, "yeah, I think mine still weighs a little bit more than that.":D Not knocking those knives at all. I would really like several of them. However, as "tactical" goes up, "romantic" goes down. Remember, life is a movie. The guy with the coolest, toughest blade will probably save the day, survive the night, and get the girl;)
Seriously, 2lbs of fullered steel and sexy appeal is to be respected. I keep WANTING to buy other bowie-ish knives, but can't justify it. I have a Rose that is by the bed and used for all manner of lighter stuff (by God, she's beautiful), but it is the MCC that I wouldn't be caught dead without. I don't really CARRY it per say, but it goes in the truck with me in the morning, gets packed into the office, and heads back home with me on a daily basis. Grayed blade, sanded handle, and ugly personally hand stitched sheath and all.

But this thread was about the AKB, wasn't it. Oh I have stories of the AKB. Many of them. Stories about an AKB so sharp that it was swung at a pool noodle. The noodle wobbled and I thought I had missed....until the top third just slid off the 45 degree angle slice that bisected the poor noodle. Many stories, my friend....But those are for another day;)

Jake

Back