• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

WTB Custom Wakizashi or similar NOVICE Looking for ADVICE and MAKER

Thank you for taking the time to read this. My name is Sean I'm a current Army soldier about to be medically retired. I've been in service for 12 yrs and many have been spent in South America. I'm planning to go into contracting and back to South America to work. I spend a majority of my time in the jungle and have been in "situations" where I've wished I had a back up other then a firearm. I've had some training in basic bladed weapons offense and defense and based on the determined build will find continued training. The largest issued blade has been a 6" Seki-Japan SOG which has gone through over 10 yrs of hell with me and has just recently been retired for a Extreme Ratio Fulcrum.

I'm looking for something with greater reach. Closer to 30"s opinion welcome. I have a wealth of knowledge in guns but little in steel or blade creation. I want something that is high quality and will last. I take great care of all my equipment but it is used heavily in harsh environments. Along w length it would need some backbone for cutting. Not trees or wood but heavy vegetation if needed.

I'm a novice at best. I've recently commissioned my first blade which is a custom Karambit. I'm military so I can't break the bank, family first and all that. I'd say high end of my spending range would be up to $700 if it was spread over the time the knife was buillt. I'm open to wide ranges of opinions. I know Busse makes a model AK-47 that is similar to this and can be found in the price range. I'm just hoping I can find opinions on the best route to go.

If this can be done I'm certainly looking for something that represents the maker and myself.
I've upgrade to receive pm or email at Tempwa4h@aol.com

Mods please move if in wrong area thank you.

Last edited:
Hey man,
Not sure if this guy could do it but he's the only maker I know of that makes blades like that. His name is Pohan Leu.
leucustom.com
I know he takes custom orders but I havn't seen him make a sword before.
-Ryan

Back