WTF? CRKT Sebenza?

I about dropped a load when I was looking for a new small Sebenza today and I saw one for $26.00

A CRKT Made in Taiwan Sebenza!!

It even says Sebenza on the blade.

I must admit I am more than a little disturbed that CRKT would forge a deal with
CRKT to make inferior Sebenza's in Taiwan.

Sad day... a very sad day.

ctktbenza.jpg

crktsebbie.jpg

Peace.

Last edited:
Taiwan is an independent and very capitalist nation, not part of the People's Republic of China.

CRK explored the idea of a collaboration with CRKT some years ago, but gave up on it when the quality control was unsatisfactory. A few samples were supposedly released improperly, and are still floating around the secondary market. I imagine others are taking advantage of this to manufacture illicit copies of these.

So this is not a real and new collaboration authorized by CRK?

Some people have no shame. I'd throw it away if I owned it.

Taiwan is independent of China, great country to do business with. Not sure about this blade, but a newbie knife owner would think its the best knife available for under $20. Most people I know will not spend more than that on a knife. If I ever told them I just spent $350 on a Sebenza, they would lock me up.

This is an older dealer sample knife, not a new collab. Run a search on CRKT Sebenza and you'll get the scoop. Basically, they weren't up to Chris' spec and the deal never happened, but a few samples remain. They are a collectors piece of sort and interesting piece of history, but something about a zytel framelock just never caught on.

Only 26 buck for this great part of history? I would take it anytime.

Taiwan is an independent and very capitalist nation, not part of the People's Republic of China.

CRK explored the idea of a collaboration with CRKT some years ago, but gave up on it when the quality control was unsatisfactory. A few samples were supposedly released improperly, and are still floating around the secondary market. I imagine others are taking advantage of this to manufacture illicit copies of these.
come on dude. my country aint that bad.:)

What country ain't that bad? What country did I say was bad? :D

Trust me, check the record, when the real China-bashing starts, I'm usually right in there shutting it down.

The Taiwanese factory did continue to make them and then went on to put them on the market after they were asked not to. That isn't exactly "good" is it ?.....There were obviously more than a few released as you can still easily buy them today.

come on dude. my country aint that bad.:)

a plastic-frame lock seb...bleah!

it's an old thing, saw some around but never over 50$ even if they're old, so , I assume they must be pretty BAD..

I have one of the real CRKT Sebenzas- it's garbage. But it was cool because it was an oddity and a piece of history. It makes me a little sad that there are more of those things floating around. I thought I had something pretty rare and special.

I about dropped a load when I was looking for a new small Sebenza today and I saw one for $26.00

A CRKT Made in Taiwan Sebenza!!

It even says Sebenza on the blade.

I must admit I am more than a little disturbed that CRKT would forge a deal with
CRKT to make inferior Sebenza's in Taiwan.

Sad day... a very sad day.

ctktbenza.jpg

crktsebbie.jpg

Peace.

What I find so absolutely astonishing about these knives is that the handles are plastic!!!!
(Zytel nylon). It just boggles my mind that anyone would make a plastic framelock. Its amuzing in a way that the name 'sebenza' can be both the epitome of high quality, precision, and strength, and at the same time be stamped on possibly the cheapest on most dangerous folder ever made! Yowsa......I can see why Chris didn't want these to get out......looks like a lawsuit. Does anyone own one of these? Are they as crappy as they look?

I'd like to have one of these knives in a weird way, just for the foot note.

I have one. The recently bought out of curiosity.
It is crap.

I have one. The recently bought out of curiosity.
It is crap.

I wonder if any of these are still being made. There seems to be quite a few out there. I would like to buy one, and then send it in for a spa treatment! :D

Back