Wtf???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPER

Banned
What the FUK is going on. TAD Banned. For just words. Thats BS. Has the Taliban taken over the forums. And another guy is banned for standing up for TAD. Its not like TAD flew a plane into 1SKS. We should be getting along, not doing stupid crap like this. This is petty, Remember United We Stand. Lets be grown ups on this forum not kids (even though some like to act that way).

Thanks, and hopefully I wont be banned for using the 1st amendment.

Matt

I agree, Spark is pretty thin-skinned. He needs to take everything with a grain of salt.
This is getting kind of stupid.
Reed

There is no <b>1st Amendment</b> on this site; it is privately owned and operated. I pay the bills. You have no <b>right</b> to post here, and if you don't abide by the rules, you will be banned.

I have zero tolerance for being called a Nazi - I take this issue very personally considering I had <b>several</b> relatives who were killed in concentration camps during WWII by them. Yohd Vashem is not just words to me.

I'm through dealing with Patrick and Josh at Triple Aught. I put up with the insults, I put up with being called dishonest, the jibes and barbs. I put up with their slamming me on other forums and trying to get over on advertising here. When they finally realized that they were going to have to pay to sell here, and did so, I did not force them to apologize for their past actions, nor did I make them grovel, or even gloat. I've been honest and straight forward with Patrick and Josh from the get go.

What do I get called for this? A Nazi.

I'm through dealing with it. I've been professional, and I consider this a direct slap in the face. I do not want to do business with people who feel this is a honest or ethical way of behaving. So, I immediately refunded their money and deactivated their memberships.

If you don't agree with it, you are entitled to your own opinions. But I am through dealing with it.

Kevin

Where did someone from TAD call you a nazi? All I saw was they addressed you as "Herr KS" which, of course is just German for "Mr."
earlier you said they implied you were a nazi, now someone outright called you a nazi...
Saying someone is acting "like a nazi" is completely different from saying someone "is a nazi."
TAD is one of the best places around, and I hate to see them banned from here. they have some of the best kit available, and post badass pics too.
I guess it's an easy subject to get PO'd about...I've been to (the remains/memorial at) Dachau, had family members executed there and at Auschwitz.
Germans are notorious for it being "My way or the highway...." please don't confuse this with nazism.
sorry to be so technical.
hope i don't get banned, I rather like this place.
cheers,
Derek

I'm not going to quibble over semantics. Calling me "Herr K.S." is to imply that I was a Nazi. Tie that in with "stomping down" as if I was goosestepping on the thread, and there is no wiggle room. If he was just going to call me Mr K.S., he should have said Mr. There's no point in saying "Herr" about someone not living in Germany unless you are trying to be snide and imply that the person in question is a Nazi; otherwise you wouldn't do it. To say otherwise is stretching it at best.

Saying I'm acting like a Nazi and calling me one are equally offensive in my book. Either way, consider this the straw that broke the camel's back. I dealt with the insults and slights before. I don't have to now. They can insult me (and sell their gear) somewhere else - I don't have to put up with it on my own boards.

Kevin

For anyone that can't understand or relate to Kevin's taking offense at the nazi insinuation, try flipping it around. Ask Patrick Ma why he doesn't sell Rekat (Round Eye Knife and Tool) knives at his sight. We all know that the fit and finish doesn't measure up to Microtech or Protech, let alone the customs Patrick sells, but if I was Patrick, I might have a hard time selling Rekat and being Asian. I was born in Atlanta, Ga., and as far as I'm concerned, Gen. Sherman can rot in hell for what he did to the state! But few people outside the south would understand or even care. We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves, and not take ourselves too seriously, but if some foreign a$$wipe comes up to me now and talks sh1t about how we had it coming to us at the WTC, he'll get a ration load of sh1t right back. Some things we hold dear.

Hank

I agree with the bladeforums owner, i too had relative killed by the Nazis in WWII. I do also take offense at the TAD comments, and because of that I will not buy from them anymore. Anyone dumb enough to make those comments certainly is too dumb to sell knives to me! (I am cancelling my plans to buy one of their shirts right now, I cannot wear something that has these comments associated with it.) I still can't believe TAD made those comments, what where they thinking?
And for the owner of bladeforums.com i would like to thank him for this site and all the resources it has on it. I think everyone should thank him, because without this site, we would have no way to meet and communicate with fellow knife enthusiasts. Like police officers, the person who has to maintain law and order always gets flac from doing his job. Besides its his site, so he is giving you the priviledge of posting. As long as you talk about the topic of this forum, knives, you should have no problems.

I have no problem with TAD being banned PERMINANTLY from the site, and if they do want to be allowed to post, they should appologize to everyone.

Dan

I've read both sides and believe Spark was totally in the right.

I also believe TAD took advantage of their wide appeal and following on these forums, as well as their general "cool factor." This allowed them to casually overstep their bounds. Just my opinion.

Do you guys object to spellchecker too? Just kidding. You all have your opinion. It's just wrong! But that's just my opinion. So I could be wrong. I still think it is BS. Grow a spine.

Guys,

I think we are all over reacting on this subject. It seems we can't get along. I would hate to see a relationship broken by this. Spark you do have the right to ban them but what would that solve. Let's talk about this. We are all grown men n some women here n there. So let's talk. U know we can all be sarcastic and mean but often we don't mean want we say. Rules are rules and must be followed. TAD did not break the rules. They were making fun of you. They should apologize for doing that. Let be a little grown up about this. Spark this is your site. And a lot of people come here to learn and share. That is what makes this place special. Hech, I check the forums like three times a day. TAD depends on you to make their site popular. U can have business through TAD. Both of you guys depend on one another. So lets talk.

Liong Mah

Originally posted by KnifeBomber
Do you guys object to spellchecker too? Just kidding. You all have your opinion. It's just wrong! But that's just my opinion. So I could be wrong. I still think it is BS. Grow a spine.

Grow a spine? It's admirable to choose principle over money anyday.

This is reminiscent of a silly game of chess played by foolish children.

Let's all kiss and make up. :rolleyes:

PS - I like this place, please don't ban me.

Komondor,
I joined the military for the money, not the principle. God it's so nice, this huge salary. Definetely money over principle....yep, that's me in a nutshell. It's so nice to have a spine.

HUH!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
This may go back a LONG way.....but really....it seems awfully silly! :(
We all need to have a little thicker skin and a little shorter memory (In my case thats not a problem!! ) :p

You calling me a chickenshit, Ryan? You saying I don't have a spine? You may want to rethink that.

In the meantime, you are entitled to your opinion, but to use your own words, "you are wrong" and "don't buy the hype". It doesn't make it any less wrong just because the guy who did it is your pal.

Kevin

If you didn't have any family slaughtered there, you cant understand.
Think WTC was bad? Picnic compared to nazi deathcamps. And that's not to take anything away from the suffering at WTC, I work right across the river from it for a newspaper that has covered it non-stop since 9/11, so I've seen it firsthand. 6,000 died there. 6 million died in germany.
Ryan, I respect your service to our country, as alot of us have done before you, but he crossed the line.

Dave

****EDIT****
Reading Patrick's new post under "Let's All Chill", I believe he is sincere and there was a misunderstanding. At this time I don't believe he meant to call Spark a nazi. The above is still my feelings about the subject but obviously it doesn't apply to TAD in this case.
Hopefully the parties concerned can work out some sort of working arrangement privately.

Dave

I think that it may be time to tell you all that Charleton Heston had it all wrong. Moses didn't go up Mt. Sinai to retrieve the Ten Commandments, but rather he went there to ask God a question: Once upon the Burning Bush Moses said, "Now let me get something straight here, God. So mean to tell me that we're supposed to be the Chosen People and you want us to cut off the tips of our what?!".
I went cold turkey three days ago from my addiction to coffee so I blame it on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back