• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[WTS] Swanepoel Evolver - CF & Ti w/ Wharnecliffe Damasteel Blade [BNIP] - Withdrawn

Hey guys,

So I actually only bought this knife about two or three weeks ago. I got it directly from the maker Pieter Swanepoel. He’s a South African maker, who makes some really unique, slim & sleek EDC knives.

I had no intention of selling this, however, I had an opportunity to purchase a knife I’ve been after for a fair while. So I went for it and I now need to try and recoup some of the funds that I spent. Due to this I'm not really interested in trades at the moment

Since I’ve only had the knife for a short period, it is still in new/like-new condition, it hasn’t been carried or used at all, just flipped a little bit.

1 - Yb5jy25.jpg

I'm looking to sell it for $withdrawn CAD with Shipping & Paypal G&S Included

6 - Ki7lag0.jpg

Image & Video Gallery

13 - ilJyo2e.jpg

Specs:
  • Model: Evolver 3.7 No. 11
  • Blade/Cutting Edge Length: 3 5/8” or 3.625”
  • Blade Steel: Damasteel (Twist pattern)
  • Weight: 3.5 Oz/99 g
  • Presentation Scale: Carbon Fiber
  • Lock Scale: Ti w/ Variable Dark Blue & Bronze anodization pattern
  • Ti spring clip that matches the anodization of the lock side
  • Runs on Teflon Washers, very smooth action
  • External stop pin (i.e. Not part of the blade, or running in a track/cutout in the blade. Held in place by the scales)
  • Ceramic ball bearing detent
  • A ceramic ball bearing is also used as the contact surface, between the blade and the lockbar
    • So even though it does not have a lockbar insert, the Ti lockbar, is not what is contacting the back of the blade. It is the second ceramic ball bearing mounted on the end of the lockbar.
    • (note: there are two separate ceramic balls, one for the detent and one for the lockup, it’s not a single ball for both)
  • Very solid lockup without blade play

14 - KZ2t3gy.jpg 16 - B5mkHlA.jpg

Description:
  • It’s a beautiful knife with some very unique features
  • It’s super slim, sleek and lightweight, making it an ideal EDC
  • The blade is gorgeous
    • It’s got a very elegant and unique wharncliffe shape
    • Pieter has done a very nice high contrast etch on the damasteel, the dark parts of the etch look pure black, while the lighter sections have remained silver/grey.
  • The anodization work is also really unique
    • he’s managed to achieve a variable heat anodization pattern, that still looks subtle and understated
    • It’s made up entirely of dark bronze and dark blue
    • his sandblast gives it an ever so slight sparkle under bright lighting.
  • It’s got a great sound when it fires out as well and it generally closes quite softly
  • The action is very smooth and crazy considering it’s on washers and has yet to be properly broken in
    • It’s definitely a light-switch knife, not a push button
    • you do need to make sure that you put your finger on the top of the flipper (at an angle compared to the blade), not the side (parallel to the blade), even though both are gimped.
    • It flies out quickly and with authority when flipped
    • When you release the lockbar, the blade usually falls to somewhere between 90-45 degrees from closed and a gentle shake will do the rest

Thanks very much for taking a look! Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested in purchasing!

Last edited:
Back