• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

WTT: Normark Hunter's Skinning Axe

Hello! I've been lurking the forums for a number of years. I lucked out and found a slightly collectible Normark Hunter's skinning axe the other day. I couldn't pass up a deal, but given my location in the world I haven't much use for skinning tools. Thought I'd post on the forums for a change and see if anyone can make use of it.

The tool I think is produced in early 90's. It's a polymer handled skinning axe. I got it from a private collector. There's no box, but the axe is in great condition, I reckon never used, just stored. It's got about a 13" handle, and the blade is about 5". It's almost shaving sharp, and has only the most minor of scratches on the blade steel from sharpening. It's almost brand new, and would be considered brand new if you actually intend to use it.

Here are some pics of the axe.

axe3_zpsaa958d0b.jpg

axe2_zpsa0eddaff.jpg

axe1_zpsdfa60fee.jpg

I know it's mostly a knife site, and I'm a knife guy too, but the geometry of the blade on this little axe is real similar to an ulu, and I thought it might be handy to anyone out there processing game. I've read some decent reviews of the tool online and only wish I was in a position to use it myself. As it is, I'm overseas in Korea, and there's not much game to be hunted.

As for trades, things in the area of fixed blades with 4" blades or less are what is legal this side of the world. That said, any honest offer will be taken seriously. As a noob to the forums, I understand anyone's reluctance to trade and will be willing to do what I can to endear trust in the exchange. I've been screwed online too, so I won't be insulted if anyone is leery.

Shipping might be up to 20 bucks for both of us, so keep that in mind. I'm currently in South Korea (!!) so if you're not willing to part with twenty bucks to ship the trade for the axe, then I guess it's not meant to be. I'll happily do so for a useful trade.

Thanks for all the years of good reading, and if anyone is interested, let me know!

I would love to take this off of you, i am looking to get this for my father and was wonder if you still had this item

Back