WW2 Engineers Knife KA-BAR

North Shore

Gold Member
Does anyone know about the fiber handled WW2 engineers knives? I can only find specs for the jigged bone variants. I have seen a picture of a Case knife with fiber handles. Any way to know if mine are legitimate military issue or civilian? I have two that are different sizes, one has a hot stamp "Engineer's" on it.KA-BAR engineer1.jpg
KA-BAR engineer.jpg
KA-BAR engineers.jpg

I do not think they are military knives. KA-BAR made millions of fixed blade knives for the military during WW2 but I do not believe they made any military issue folding knives other than some TL 29s. They did make a bone folder with a sheeps foot main blade and a U.S. shield but these were PX knives and not military issue knives.

I do not think they are military knives. KA-BAR made millions of fixed blade knives for the military during WW2 but I do not believe they made any military issue folding knives other than some TL 29s. They did make a bone folder with a sheeps foot main blade and a U.S. shield but these were PX knives and not military issue knives.

I wonder why the one is stamped Engineer's. Very thick brass liner stock, spacers and blade stops.

Back