WW2 Japanese Samurai Sword signatures - need help

My dad brought this sword home with him from Okinawa in 1946. I've never taken the handle off to check out the signatures but finally decided to today. I've only taken pics of the tang but will take a few more of the sword when I can. The tang was rusty but I was able to remove enough to see the signatures. The rest of the sword is in much better shape than the tang but the wood handle needs to be restored. No wrapping or insert.
If anyone can help with the signatures it would be appreciated.
I'm not interested in selling it.

samurai 1.jpg
samurai 2.jpg

Thete is a thread here on taking pictures. The tips there might get you more information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wow! For you this will be quite enlightening but please don't hold your breath. Someone out there will be able to decipher (or shed light on) this. I'm old enough to know that many more Allied servicemen came home with what they called 'samurai swords' than were ever actually 'created' during the entire history of that wonderfully sophisticated craft.

Thete is a thread here on taking pictures. The tips there might get you more information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pics were taken with my cell phone. Better pics will follow tomorrow with my Nikon.

Yoshiharu, 1944. Looks like a stamp above the signature, but too small to see.

Back