WWII Burlesque Show

Thought that'd get your attention!:p :eek: I just got a wonderful long brown box from far-away Nevada with Uncle's Easter offering for Woodchucks inside. (16 3/4 WWII with Hill Walnut handle--check the pix in the original thread! I'd post it if I could figure out how :( )

First impressions: (Handspring Noises inserted here) Overall, stunning!

The handle is definitely one of a kind. The hill walnut is fairly dark but well figured, but has a pronounced light streak on the right side ( facing out when sheathed). Nice stark contrast. Reminds me of someone with a shock of gray hair in their jet black mop! But WAIT there's more: I have a Genuine Burl on the Top on the handle near the bolster! Hence the WWII Burl-esque show!

Buttcap is fine and the solder joint in the bolster Uncle mentioned: Yeah it's noticable but barely ( Uncle is the undisputed QC Champ!):)

The Blade: Sanu has been eating his wheaties! 3/8 at the spine, 1 3/4 at it's widest and 3" drop. Sword of shiva pretty darn close to perfectly straight ( Bura better watch out for Junior here, he's gaining ground!) Long sweet spot hard as a rock! Too hard for the Chakma. Two swipes on my sharpening steel and it's hair popping sharp ( Ask me about my bald forearm!:p )

Karda and Chakma:The neatest in my collection! Both are Khukuri shaped and almost round at the junction between blade and handle. The bevel on the karda is a pronounced and even 1/4".

Scabbard: Village Sarki did a great job. a little rattle on the blade end when walking, but I am picking serious nits.

Now the chopping test which left no wood surface unscaithed:

Ok, A little hype build up here, but the handle style (Girthier from the rings to the bolster and thinner from the rings to the buttcap) and weight makes the WWII chop like WWIII! Not clubby, but very neutral feeling. Did my usual chopping of dried old wood in the shop, but then I had a branch to cut on my fig tree. The final score was WWII :1 chop Fig Tree:-1 branch.

Thanks to Pala, Uncle Bill, Sanu, and the devoted Nepali shipping staff for their efforts.

I'm a happy happy woodchuck!

-Craig:D

Ask me about my bald forearm! )

ROTFLMAO:D:D:D:D:D:D

That would make one hell of a bumpersticker!! LOL:D

Congrats on the new blade, it sounds like a beauty!:)

I always love Craig's reviews. Since I'm a woodchuck adolescent, I'm getting a bit excited about words like burl....:eek: :D

Back