WWII causes pain in Maine

Sorry no blood or gore but it got ya here didn't it?:D For pain explanation read on....

The "long brown box" arrived today!

Inside was a Bura 18" WWII with AMAZING satisal handle, blade is hard as hell in sweet spot. The file went like this from cho up: "bite, bite, slide, bite at tip". Wouldn't even cut without pressure being put on it. Regular diamond steel sharpener was all but useless, but I got it up to shave sharp. Cleaned Rouge off with Orange Oil stuff then Sanded the handle with 320,600,1000 grit and then applied Tung oil. I took closeup pics with my new macro lens (which also arrived today!!) which I will post along with other khuk pics on Friday!!

This is an awesome blade great balance and feel, love the blade design (first WWII i've seen up close). So what's the problem?

I love this blade and its promised to another:( (this is the Pain part). I think my neighbor is gonna love it, and if he doesn't I'll take it back so fast he won't know what happened;):D

I MUST get one of these khukuris! What was I thinking bringing this thing into my house?!?!Now I'm doomed by my HIKV to order a WWII asap

The only consolation was that a new Kesar 20" Kobra was ALSO hiding in the box:D Very nice job by Kesar, handle is beautifully done, as is buttcap and bolster. LARGE karda and Chakma--the way I like em! This is without a doubt the sharpest out of the box khuk I've gotten. It is hair popping sharp with a smooth edge, (not the wire edge that they sometimes come with, which is sharp but unstable looking to me so I usually realign the edge through sharpening on those). Great balance, makes a wonderful swoosh! sound when swung. Actually its very similiar to the one I sent back to Uncle, except harder. Thanks Uncle bill for the Excellent customer service as usual.

Bura deserves high praise for this WWII and so does Kesar for his Kobra. Pics to follow of both and others on Friday!!!! Stay tuned!!

Rob-

I've got a long brown package that should be coming my way soon as well. Getting an 18" WWII replacement as well as a 15" AK. But unlike you, I get to keep the WWII ;)

What does Freud have to say about Khukri envy?

:( I was looking for a thread with some violence.

Couldn't you have just made something up? :)

Would the 20" Kobra feel anything like the 18" Siru. for balance? My thinking is that the thin blade of the Kobra would have to be longer to feel anything like the knife I have now:cool:

Would the 20" Kobra feel anything like the 18" Siru. for balance? My thinking is that the thin blade of the Kobra would have to be longer to feel anything like the knife I have now

My new Kobra weighs 20.2 oz and the pob is 3.25" from front of habaki bolster edge. at 20oz, she is fast senor, very fast:D

contrast that with my 20" Siru which weighs 35.8oz with the same pob. feels like swinging a lead pipe in comparision, but a beautiful graceful lead pipe:D

How much does the 18" Sirupati weigh, pob? Notice! I'm asking purely out of curiousity. I am NOT doing "research":barf:

":barf:"
Good point Rob! As a true Saint, only you could resist the temptation. I'm suprised that Tsimi hasn't popped up. When you say those words that the "crowd of one" is attuned to, ya gotta be ready.
:D

After the Afghan story the 20 inch Sirupati has become very popular.

Ok, this is getting lopsided around here. I guess I gonna have to pack up some khuks and go to Afghanistan and cut some Al Queda to even out the popularity some;) Got to start packing, let's see...20" Kobra, 21" Chitlangi, have to have Uncle next-day-air my Cher.Rose over there, Bura Malla, and hell the 20" AK--some of those fellers've got hard heads, plus you gotta cut 6" of Turban first(EVIL SMILIE):D;)

I'm so P.C. I scare myself:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Originally posted by MauiRob

...........hell the 20" AK--some of those fellers've got hard heads, plus you gotta cut 6" of Turban first(EVIL SMILIE):D;)

LMRRAO,PIP,AICGU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good point Rob! As a true Saint, only you could resist the temptation. I'm suprised that Tsimi hasn't popped up. When you say those words that the "crowd of one" is attuned to, ya gotta be ready.

Ahh, yes. Its a hard life being a saint, but well worth it;) You know I don't think there's anything wrong with gathering facts and figures about khukuris, living on bat guano,kidnapping dancing girls and committing khuk fraud, but its the denial about HIKV that Tsimi refuses to acknowledge that worries me;) :p :D

Pappy:

Haven't done any weighing or measuring on either the 18" Sirupati or 20" Kobra in my possession. However, from a purely qualitative standpoint, my Kobra is still a little quicker.

Still, my Sirupati has a carry-through that the Kobra lacks. I think that it's due to the fact that the Sirupati seems to carry its weight further forward than the Kobra. I'd prefer it as a weapon over the Kobra if I had to choose between the two. (Not only is that what you probably wanted to hear, it's true.)

No disrespect meant to the Kobras, though. If I had to choose between a 20" Kobra and a 20" Sirupati (my first HI khuk), I'd go with the Kobra. For the same reason Rob mentioned.

Of course, the only way for you to answer this question definitively is to get a 20" Kobra of your own to compare. Then a 20" Sirupati to compare to the Kobra. Then a 25" Kobra to compare to the 20" Sirupati. Then...

S.

Back