X-mas Give Away contest. Prize = 4 inch ti framelock proto Gunhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADDITIONAL restriction: The winner agrees to provide me with proof of his/her age. It just came to my attention in another thread that I really have no way of verifying age without proof except to take everyone's word for it. Understand, this stipulation is only to cover my back as well as those of DDR/HTM/Dirk/bladeforums.com added 12/11/2011

Restrictions:
*Must be 18 years of age or older
*Must live in the continental United States, excluding New York City.
*Must have been a member of bladeforums for at least 3 months
*Must abide by all local, state, and Federal knife laws.
*Must be a carbon based life form
*Only one entry per person
*Submit entries no later than December 17th 2011, 11:59 pm EST.

Alright. Now for the contest: There will be two parts to the contest. You must participate in both.

1) If you had 24 hours to live and the financial means to do what ever you wanted, what is *ONE* thing you would do? Keep all responses family friendly and legal. Also, I don't want responses like "Tell my family I love them" or "Make love to my wife one last time." If you noticed from the previous contest, I'm not looking for generic responses. Also if you list more than one thing, the entry is invalid (because I don't want to have to vote on a bucket list entry from people).

2) Part two of the contest is to name the actual knife with one caveat. "Gun Hammer" has to be part of the name.

First place winner gets a titanium assisted 4 inch s35vn torpedo blade Gun Hammer framelock knife. It will be marked proto #2012 announcing the new year and the year the knife will be ready for market. The knife will be awarded on 01 - 03 - 2012.

Second place winner gets a Meyerco assisted Maxx Q knife.

Third place winner receives a t-shirt.

Also, the first 20 replies automatically win a t-shirt. So I guess third place gets two t-shirts. EDIT: The shirts for the first 20 replies have been allocated.

The trio will vote on the best submission. Good luck and have fun!

MISCELLANEOUS fine print: Winner agrees to abide by all local, state, and federal laws regarding knife ownership. We will not be held responsible for any injury or death caused by inappropriate use of the knife. The knife is not a toy and should not be treated as such. HTM knives are sharp and can cause injury if mishandled.

--------------------
Because this prize knife is a prototype that even I have yet to see, I don't have any pictures of what the final design will look like. But, the giveaway knife should have several design cues as this titanium framelock. I'm gonna make an educated guess that it will also have some form of ETAC grip texturing on the titanium.

gallery3ralphc0801copy.jpg

Last edited:
I would take my best friend and attempt to complete the African Big 5 in 24 hours

Good name for the knife especially one that's assisted could be the Quick Draw Gun Hammer

That is an awesome contest question - I love hypothetical questions like these. Can't wait to read the entries. :)

Got me googling African Big 5. Quck Draw Gun Hammer has a nice ring to it.

Love the questions and, of course, the prize. I'll have to give this one some thought before answering.

Got me googling African Big 5. Quck Draw Gun Hammer has a nice ring to it.

its a hunt me and my best friend want to go on together its considered one of the most prized hunting trips along with the North American 29.

definition by Wikipedia describes it best: It refers to the five most difficult animals in Africa to hunt on foot. The term is still used in most tourist and wildlife guides that discuss African wildlife safaris. The collection consists of the lion, African elephant, cape buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros. The members of the Big Five were chosen for the difficulty in hunting them and the degree of danger involved, rather than their size

If I had 24 hours to live, I'd fly to Hawaii, surf Waikiki all day, eat tropical fruit and every kind of fish available, drink tequila, and dance with local girls all night.

Name: Machine Gun Hammer.

1) If I had just 24 hours to go I would make my way over to Australia and dive the Great Barrier Reef off of Queensland. I'm blessed to live in Hawaii and have some amazing diving here but from what I hear the Great Barrier Reef is truly breathtaking. I really am hoping to make it there one day.

2) The "ShoGunhammer" because being a ti-framelock it will certainly command (like a Shogun). Not to mention the pun with being nice enough to be a "show" knife.

I had the page open for 45 minutes while I thought about a response so I didn't see your response, Los Angeles, until I clicked "post reply". You really should make it out here one day, and if you do make sure you try and check out some of the other islands as well. Oahu (where Waikiki is) can be fun but some of the best places are on the outer islands.

I'd outfit myself with some state of the art firepower and body armor and volunteer for a mission with zero probability of return. Something sorta like Escape From New York.

I'd call the knife the Dbol GH. Dbol is a steroid.

I knew what Dbol was. I've always been an exercise nut, not that I've used Dbol before. Dbol GH does sound like an anabolic doesn't it? heh

It would have to be Dbol Gun Hammer though. Pretty sure Darrel actually wants Gun Hammer in the name, not shorthand.

#1 I would take a private shuttle into space.
#2 Gun powder hammer.

Thanks for the chance, very generous.

Part 1:
If i had 24 hours to live and unlimited financial means, i would purchase a nice suit to wear for the day (something ive never had). I would then use my funds to set up several scholarships for promising students at Texas A&M (my first school) who are in the corps of cadets, and a scholarship for students on the swim team at my new school. Donations would also be made Knife rights, AKTI, and the NRA. I would then buy a 1970 dodge challenger and drive it as hard as possible. Arrangements will be made to part my body out, as organ donations give many people second chances. I would have my family make sure that the organ donations went to people who would normally not get a chance because they are low on the "list".

Part 2: Deadeye Gunhammer

Thanks for the chance.

I would give in to my megalomaniacal side and use an immensely powerful laser to etch my name into the surface of the moon large enough that it could be read from the Earth. If I could not access this technology I would endow a huge science and knife-making education scholarship with the condition that they used a portion of the money and their education to work towards etching my name in the surface of the moon.

I suggest that you call the knife the DaiGun Hammer. Dai as Japanese for great (and a framelock Gun Hammer will be great) and also as a play on Daigon which, I believe, basically means the personification of a deity in physical form. So in short DaiGun Hammer = Knife of the gods.

Thank you for the opportunity and the very generous contest!

I'd buy two Ferrari 458 Spiders -- one for me and one for my brother -- and drive around Europe with him at high speeds to see everything we possibly could.

Name: Gunhammer Thor. ('Cause it calls to mind a big effin' hammer. :D)

I would buy a cigarette boat and drive it really fast!

super gun hammer

XL shirt size. Thank you!

Last edited:
If I had 24hrs to live I would go skydiving.It's something I've always wanted to try.

name: Gun Hammer Spectre

Thanks for this incredible opportunity!:)

Wow, yet another wonderful contest! Thanks for the opportunity!

I am assuming that I have already made sufficient provisions for my family to be taken care of, and this has to be something that I personally want to do. I had thought about something like setting up a scholarship, because I have gotten where I am in large part because of generous scholarships and other opportunities, but I when I really thought about it, there's one thing that I would do above all others.

My father has been there for me at every step of my life, looking out for me even when I didn't want it, and although it's taken many years to see it, he has often sacrificed his dreams to support mine. I owe much of the man I am today, and the fact that I can hold my head high and know that I am a decent person, to him and the lessons I have learned from him. One of his life-long dreams is to visit Everest base camp, and possibly spend some time on the mountain. He used to climb a lot when he was younger, and has not had the opportunity to climb at all in recent years. I swore that I would do everything in my power to fulfill that dream for him, and many of my presents to him have been Everest related (or Chomolungma, I believe it is called by the natives), since I know that he will likely never be able to do it for himself.

everest_-_polish_international_mt_everest_expedition_99.jpg

So, if I were to find out today that I only had 24 hours to live and the means to do it, I would take my dad and wife to Everest base camp. I would like to die with my last sight being my family and loved ones getting to enjoy an unforgettable experience in an unforgettable place, and to know that I kept my promise to myself to give a little back to my father, and let him achieve a dream that he has probably sacrificed to help me achieve mine.

As for the name of the knife, I would absolutely love to have it called "Vorpal Gun Hammer," ala Lewis Carroll. The Vorpal blade is the sword used by the boy in his quest to slay the Jabberwocky, and is very unique. I think this name is very apropos for this knife, especially from what I hear, because Darrel's folders have been my grail knives ever since I discovered them, and he has such a unique style among knife designers, much like Lewis Carroll among writers. Vorpal is often assumed to mean "sharp," or to have other magical properties, and Darrel's designs always gave me that feel.

Last edited:
I can tell right now this is going to be a great contest. I love reading all the submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back