X Timer Camp Knife

I recently purchased one of these...and it appears to be a really good solid knife for the money...I paid around 30 bucks for it. I haven't had a chance to take it out camping or on an extended hike yet...anyone have one and like it?

Wow thanks...reading that review sure made me feel good about my purchase...I am really happy with the knife...it feels so good in the hand...can't wait to go do some cutting with it!

Kestrel, I finally went ahead and answered your Camillus question for you (in the Camillus forum). I was giving Tom Williams the courtesy to do deal with it, but it seems he is unavailable... or the other answer is this: Tom is retired and between his old office and the company records is his old friends and co-workers, on strike, walking the picket line. No way he can cross it, and it is no doubt very difficult for him not to be able to answer questions like yours.

'Company Historian' is a job title you hardly ever see in the US knife industry anymore, as corporate belts are tightened and the NOW becomes desperately more important than the past. It is becoming more important for the knife collector to step up and do what we do best here; compile, preserve, diseminate the information concerning our favorite brands.

Happy Fourth, All.

Phil

Thanks so much...I do appreciate the information you did give me. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday!

Well I gave that knife a really hard workout this afternoon...cleared a ton of brush from behind my house...and the knife did a fantastic job. I really hacked through tons of huge weeds and saplings and the camp knife wailed through it as well as a machete. The few that were too thick, the saw blade on the spine easily handled.

When I was done...I cleaned it off...not a mark, not a scratch...what a great knife...and my hand never tired or it never slipped out of it once. I am so glad I bought this knife!

Back