XM-24 G10 Scale Question

Hi Everyone. I was reading the general information and history sticky when I saw this under interesting tidbits of information...

"Why doesn’t the scale thumb cutout match the cutout on the liner? Rick designed the XM that way intentionally, by making the scale side the same profile as the lockside, it reduces the chance that your finger unintentionally disengages the lock."

My question is, on my XM-24 this isn't the case. Does anyone know why? I'm just curious...Thanks!

Hi Everyone. I was reading the general information and history sticky when I saw this under interesting tidbits of information...

"Why doesn’t the scale thumb cutout match the cutout on the liner? Rick designed the XM that way intentionally, by making the scale side the same profile as the lockside, it reduces the chance that your finger unintentionally disengages the lock."

My question is, on my XM-24 this isn't the case. Does anyone know why? I'm just curious...Thanks!

It is that way on the XM-24 (i.e., the scale side shares the same profile as the lockside).

If you are asking why the thumb cutout on the liner of the XM-24 is the same as the scale (rather than cutout more on the XM-18), its is probably because Hinderer Knives was consistent in this case. Regardless, it is irrelevant.

Back