Y'all might have a new convert

I have been interested in the CQC7 for quite awhile, but never had been convinced (primarily because of the chisel grind), but when CJ&S knives put everything on sell I couldn't refuse the price and got the CQC7B CN. I received it today and am very impressed. Great fit and finish. Great ergonomics. Smooth action. I'm glad that I kept reading y'all's recommendations.
Recently bought the Boker Brend to replace a lost Super Liner and thought that I was a dyed in the wool Boeker fanatic. I might be reformed. I'm not a serious collector like some of you guys, but I'll be taking a marked interest in Emerson's new models from now on.

smile.gif

If you like the seven, ya' gotta check out a Commander. It'll ruin you for other "lesser" knives.
smile.gif

John

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've tried out the commander. I thought it was too large for convenient daily pocket carry. And I really did not like the "wave." I like to be able to pull the knife out of my pocket with it still closed and without tearing up my pants. Different strokes.

BTW I remember it being mentioned that Emerson had changed steels from ATS34. Could anyone remind me what steel they changed to and if the CN knives were made before or after the change?
-Chad

Moorerwc

I wasn't crazy about the Commander at first either. Then I got the opportunity to play with one for a couple of minutes and I was in love!

It's a larger knife, I grant you that. But after taking a couple of knife classes I learned "Bigger is better, Sharper is better yet". I want a ES1-M, which is an even bigger yet custom version of the Commander.

You can take the Commander out without "waving" it open. Simply pull straight up rather then back. As to tearing my pocket, I draw my Commander more then your average person and have yet to tear a pocket.

As to your steel question, would defer to the man himself. You can see a post from Mr. Emerson here.

I looked at my CN Commander/CQC7 set and it doesn't list what steel was used, neither do any of my Emerson knives now that I look. But there again, I'm not a big steel person. "It's sharp, it cuts".

Enjoy you CQC7, you'll love it.

John Hollister

Back