YCS Priority List - Please check here a.s.a.p.

Take it from me, you don't want to get into a p*ssing contest with those two dudes. Scented sandalwood, or no. ;)

Scented sandalwood is the heartwood of the sandalwood tree. They are quite large trees, but the oilwood is concentrated in the heart and root. If you do a search on the web, you can find lots of info...aside from it's perfume qualities, it's also used for it's spiritual properties.

Bri in Chi said:
Take it from me, you don't want to get into a p*ssing contest with those two dudes. Scented sandalwood, or no. ;)

My dad always said "Don't get into a pissing battle with a skunk" ;)

Have an extra purpleheart (someone backed out) - who wants it?

First to email me with name & address gets it.

Yeah i said i'd wait my turn, but when it comes to the quick draw i guess its all fair game;)

Jake
fastesthandsinthecantina

had to spice it up a bit.....this has been a real nail-biter for me.....I can't imagine Uncle having to do it...he'd probably do it better....but at least he didn't have to answer all the emails.....76 and counting on this YCS alone....in just 2 days......whew!

2 more checkerboard available.....:eek:

(extras overlooked in the box)

First come first serve.

You MUST email me first with your name and address and then I will forward the info to Uncle Bill.

:eek:

I got my sandalwood YCS, and it is stunning. I realize that the original order was for a fixed number to satisfy those who paid. And also that only a few have so far been received and that production is continuing.

But is it still possible to order another one or two? I've got another potential home for one or two, but I'm certainly not giving up mine if I can't ever get another. Prepaid is fine, and I'm not concerned about how long I'd have to wait. What do you think, Dan?

-- Russ

Russ, did Sher makes yours? Mine was crafted by Kumar so i was wondering if he and sher just split the work or is mine just a cool fluke:)

thanks
Jake

interesting....Jake.

Russ - I have requested extras. We'll see what happens. There are several interested who were not on the list.

Hi Jake,

Mine is also by Kumar, I think -- Marks on the blade include K.M. and the six-pointed star, also a circle with five pairs of lines radiating out from it. The sandalwood is an exquisite reddish brown -- in fact, I just checked and the one I got is the exact same one that Uncle Bill showed in the photos in this thread. I can tell because of individual features of the wood grain, the inlays, and the way the carving cuts across the scale rivet.

OK, here's something I've been wrestling with what to do about -- or even whether to mention it on this list. Something akin to honesty won out.

The khukri arrived on Friday, and on Saturday I took it to a local gun and knife show to (what else?) show it off. I showed it to one dealer friend who specializes in "investment grade knives" and he said he could take it to the New York Custom Knife Show in November and easily get $1200 to $1500 for it, and he offered to do so at no commission. Was I tempted? You Betcha! But in the end I figured that I wanted it for myself, and if it was worth that now to someone, it would probably be worth that much in the future to someone else if I needed the money ... and in any case I didn't buy it to resell.

-- Russ

------------------
Writer/Editor
NCCA Life Member

You know, Russ, your story gives me SERIOUS doubts about using/sharpening mine when I get it. Certainly something to think about.

the first YCS I had (and sold) looked as good - if not better - the day I sold it than when I bought it.

That's part of the beauty of a forged blade. It didn't come off a machine "perfect" only to be misaligned and bent out of shape. It started off bent-out-of-shape...:D

If i were going to buy a YCS to make a profit, then i would turn around and sell it as soon as it hit my hands. I couldn't stand to look at it and keep it all "purdied up" and not use it. A couple hundred generations of bladesmiths did not pass their knowledge from father to son for millinia just to have their work hang on my wall, IMHO. I mean, my wife to be is pretty, but that doesn't mean i keep my hands off of her;) To each his own as everyone bought this YCS (or any khuk for that matter) for his own reasons. Some see it as an investment. I agree totally, but mine is gonna be used:) I've already scuffed mine sharpening it. I've got my grubby little fingerprints all over it. Heck, I've even managed to sharpen up the kardas enough that I cut myself bad enough with the big karda that i should have gotten stitches in just 2 days. The fact of the matter to me is that many years from now when my grandkid shows off some of the pieces of cutlery that have been passed down to him or her (ripped from my cold dead hands mind you;)), I want him or her to know that these are tools to be used. respected, but used. Besides, i want these to stay in my family. I want the sentimental value to always be higher than the monetary value. That way i know some weasly grandkid won't sell off my collection because he has dollar signs in his eyes.

Jake

Daniel Koster said:
Haven't heard from Snake Bitten......sorry bro.....

empty 5853 - if you want the checkerboard, you got it!

empty5853 said:
Dan,

I'll take it!!!!
and thanks.

Man oh Man, what a beauty
This one will get a very special place in my den.

Mark T.

Dan,

These was posted about a month ago. It hasn't shown up yet.
Did I misunderstand :confused: . Is there something else I need to do.

Not trying to be a PIA as I know what UB is going through.
Just curious.

Mark T.

thanks for letting me know, Mark. I'll check with Uncle. Maybe we need to have a "check-in" list to see who got what?

That is a good idea Dan! Maybe we could go over to the original thread and update the list showing who got what and who is still waiting on what. That would give a better perspective of where us waiters on the list. ;)
Of course that puts a lot more work on your shoulders. I for one have greatly appreciated all you have done so far, and feel guilty asking you to do more.

Thanks for all the effort!! :D

I don't mind the extra work, Rick. Saves time and dispells confusion in the end...so it's actually saving me work I'd have to do later.

Perhaps I'll just start a new "Check-In" thread. I think that would be the best way to go. "Who's got what, who's waiting for what, etc...."

Back