Yeah! RC-6 arrived!

At last! It took a bit longer then expected (sorry for the whining Derrick:p) but my new toy is here! The RC-6, awesome knife! My RAT family is steadily growing :D
Some pics:
bmm_3960.jpg

bmm_3971.jpg

With ((ab)used) RC-3
bmm_3963.jpg

bmm_3968.jpg

bmm_3967.jpg

Thanks Rat & Rowen for such great knives!
Barry

Last edited:
I'm surprised more people don't go for the 6 -- same thickness as the 4, so it slices as well, it just add s abit more for us big pawed mutts.

Great choice Barry.:thumbup: The RC-6 is a whale of a knife!

Nice pics! Thanks for posting.

I just had to go to the back foty and fell some 2 inch saplings for a few projects I'm working on. Grabbed my Gerber hatchet and took off, never even thought to take the RC-6 and give her a good workout.

Damn.

Gerber hatchet is a better choice for that job.

I just had to go to the back foty and fell some 2 inch saplings for a few projects I'm working on. Grabbed my Gerber hatchet and took off, never even thought to take the RC-6 and give her a good workout.

Damn.

Forgive the Hijack... shotgunner is that a Gerber Back Paxe? if so, what do think of it? I am in the market, but that one looks so small...

Back on track... I really like my RC6 it is what started my love affair w/ RAT!!

The backpaxe that gerber makes is a great little tool. I spent a little bit giving it a really mirror finished convex. the thing is razor sharp and holds an edge fairly well. Have had no complaints on it so far.

We carried a Gerber axe to the jungle once and left it there. About 5 years later the guy we left it with showed it to us and it was beat to hell, handle had been broken and repaired, etc. but it was still working. Great axes for the money!

Thanks for the axe input guys!! 5 years in the jungle, I'm sure with solid use says a lot

Anyone try the "Timberline Russ Kommer Bush Pilot survival hatchet"? I picked one up a little bit ago, and it feels great in the hand and comes very sharp.

Now I just need to get it out for some yard clean up this weekend! Any idea how 440 Stainless resists rust?

Forgive the Hijack... shotgunner is that a Gerber Back Paxe? if so, what do think of it? I am in the market, but that one looks so small...

Back on track... I really like my RC6 it is what started my love affair w/ RAT!!

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what model it is. It's one of the Fiskers branded models, about a 15" handle. I haven't picked up my Wetterlings peices since I got the Gerber, it's a great tool.

I suppose - but do you want a gerber hanging on your belt? Does it matter if it takes 3 chops or 1 chop?

RC-6 does fine on saplings in my experience and doesn't give the walkin' low syndrome on the hips.

But if I were to chose among these two.....I'd take the one with the fly on it....

fiskarssnsideview.jpg

I'm a bit impressed that you said that, I'm not sure all company reps would.

Also, since we are somehow talking about them, how about a RAT Hatchet? ;)

Back