Years on Knives

I have noticed a few people on this forum have SAK made the same year they were born. I would love to have one with by year as well (85). I was wondering how one goes about tracking down a particular year. I have already tried the bay with no results. Thanks

Other than watching Soldier (or the occasional dated Pioneer/Farmer) knives on the bay, you might put a "want to buy" ad for an '85" in knives for sale here on BF or other sites.

What he says.... :)

Being honest, I almost collect knives for years and since about four years I´ve been searching for my Wenger 83 - some weeks ago I finally found it. :D
Patience is sometimes the best way. Check out the Evilbay and Exchange parts of the forum.

Good luck on the hunt!

Just keep looking. I finally found an Elsener Schwyz, Army Model 1908, type 2 marked
with my birth year.
Rich S

There is a 83 solider on the bay right now

What he says.... :)

Being honest, I almost collect knives for years and since about four years I´ve been searching for my Wenger 83 - some weeks ago I finally found it. :D
Patience is sometimes the best way. Check out the Evilbay and Exchange parts of the forum.

Good luck on the hunt!

Thanks for the advice - but with all the shipping costs, custom fees and taxes it´s better for me to look at the local (german) 'bay for this kind of knives. They show up from time to time. I also have Wenger Soldat from 78 - but that was not the one I was really (!) searching for. I´m glad that the hunt is over :D

JFYI: Colored alox knives are a quiet rare animal here and they use to cost twice even three times the prices of a regular (silver) one.

Patience is the way to go, I think.

Rich S.: That´s quiete a great find, indeed! I´ve handled such a knife once didn´t get it. (Stupidly)

Back