Yellow Delrin for Dummies

Hey there folks, I want to do my first knife related project and I need some help. I don't have any clue as to how to work with yellow delrin. My project is going to be customizing a crkt shrill to to my liking so one of the last but more tricky parts of the project is putting on the yellow delrin scales and I need some advice. Is there a specific process for fitting? Or do I treat it like it's wood in that all I need to do is cut roughly to shape, file and sand to refine and then attach? (Using screws btw)

hi, i would trace the stock scales onto the delrin and cut and shape like wood as you said.

Where in the world did you find yellow Delrin?
I would love to have some.

Where in the world did you find yellow Delrin?
I would love to have some.
You know that is a fantastic question because at this stage I have no idea, I was just thinking of how I could customize this knife to my absolute ideal specs and the yellow delrin seems to be impossible to find at the thickness I need I guess I need another yellow plastic alternative

I don't think you will get any glue to stick to Delrin

what's wrong with G10 ?

I don't think you will get any glue to stick to Delrin

what's wrong with G10 ?

The way I'm doing this, I'm not going to need glue, I'll be honest with you. Nothing wrong with g10 as a material, I just don't like it

Back