Yellow Delrin

Can any of you folks tell me where I can find some yellow delrin for a hunting knife handle? A fellow at work wants me to make him a blade for his Dad and it absolutely must have a yellow handle to match Dad's Case collection.

One site you might check is http://www.machinist-materials.com/ He also has eBay auctions and I've purchased white Delrin from him before. I haven't seen any yellow Delrin there yet, though--email him and he might be able to find you some! If so, I'd like to find some stag colored pieces myself!

delrin is readily available, try McMasters catalog......its a bugger to grind and finsh!

I've never worked with Delrin. Would its bearlike quality be that it clogs and gums up everything?

Thanks for the info guys. I had a feeling that the stuff would be tough to work. I've polished some and it melts fast!!! Bet it does clog belts too. Think I'll try hand tools/sandpaper, whatcha think? How come Bruce ain't sharing wisdom on this?

------------------
Who is John Galt?

Well Slopoke,It's like this :
I already told you in the shop that I didn't know where to get it or how to work it and to ask on the forums,so why would I reply back and look real dumb
tongue.gif

Actually I hadn't seen the post yet,and I really don't know nothing about the stuff.I preffer natural handle material..I know lets get some yellow rit dye and dye up some curly maple and see what he thinks of it..
biggrin.gif

Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Brucey poo you don't think I'm gonna pass on a chance to twist your tail do ya? All kidding aside, the ritz dye deal does sound intriguing, lets do it maybe saturday.

Back