yellow fever

having recently purchased my first case, a yellow handle CV soddie jr.
which has been carried daily for weeks now, couldnt be happier... just something about the yellow soddie when i saw it. Hadnt really told anybody else of my recent purchase, 'cept the wife, the kid and you guys.
So i get a visit from my dad yesterday, bearing a gift... in the form of a Case medium Stockman, CV with the Yeller handle, my dad precedes to tell me of all the case knives he looked at he kept coming back to the yellow ones. Thought it was funny how both my dad and i gravitated to the Yeller Handle.
the Best Sunday No reason Gift ive ever received:D

ivan

I own four or five of the yellow CV models and I like them all. The only gripe I have is that the backspring on the main blade of my medium stockman is kind of wimpy - noticeably wimpier than my Victorinoxes and weaker than any other Case I own. I probably should've returned it but I didn't. :(

Still, CV is great... I wish Case made a Barlow in CV.

Good goin Ivan! You and yur dad must have very similar taste.:thumbup:

There's something so comforting about a yella handle pocket knife, it's so retro. :D

I GOT ONE TODAY AS WELL!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Sorry about the caps, but I'm excited. I got me a CV Medium Stockman today, and I am in heaven. I love my Peanut and Soddie, but my first "traditional" pocketknife, the one that got me started on slippies and away from tacticals, was a Case, brown jigged handled Medium Stockman in SS. I loved that thing. It got lost somewhere along the line and I never got another one. I've had Buck stockmen and a Boker Stockman, and have used and handled some from Hen and Rooster, but it just wasn't the same. There's just something about your first. The Case medium Stockman, with it's rounded bolsters, is the perfect EDC for me. Not too big, not too small, not too wide, not too thin. Well, today I passed by Bass Pro Shop in Orlando, and was just browsing, you know? No real intention of buying anything, except maybe a CV Peanut. Well, I had them show me a Peanut, and handled it, and it was cool. I was about to get it when I asked to handle a CV Medium stockman. HOLY CRAP!!! It was love at first feel. I said forget the Peanut, I'll take the Stockman, and it went right into my pocket. I know I'm known as a Peanut guy on this forum, with an occassional dabbling in other patterns, but man oh man, that may change. I love this Yeller feller.
Now let's see how it handles them gators!!!!

El Cuchillo, the first step in dealing with this addiction is admitting you have an addiction. ;)

Don't worry, you are amongst folks who totally understand why one day the Peanut is the perfect knife, while on another the Sodbuster is ideal when in fact you actually needed a Stockman all along! :eek: :D

The truth is, we need all these knives.

Don't fight it, use the force! We'll forgive you carrying a multi-tool to back up your slipjoint, just remember the natural order of things.

Now, enjoy that 3318 and when you come back down to earth, start thinking on the next pattern you need. (Though I think you have a nice base with single, double and three blade knives proudly represented.)

LOL!!
I don't have a problem. I can stop whenever I want.
Seriously, though, I didn't really feel I needed a Stockman. Heck, I thought I needed a CV Peanut. I went looking for one of those, and actually I was just going to go window shopping. I was gonna go look at the CV Peanut, handle it, fondle it, compare it to my Bone Stag, and tell myself I didn't really need it. Something just said "Check out the Stockman." I did, and here it is in my pocket, having just been used during dinner and already developing a patina on the main clip blade. I think I am going to let this one EARN a patina, the natural way, and not give it the vinegar treatment.

The thread title says it all...

YELLOW FEVER!!!!

I think we may have to have this guy put on bumper stickers on our vehicles. Then when we're riding down the road we'll know if we are among like minded souls... ;)

yllwfvrmosqt_12175_lg.gif

I've Got An Incurable CASE Of YELLOW FEVER!

Think I might have picked up a tetch a' that fever myself. Can't imagine where though...been stayin' out of the bayous and bathing at least once a week. :D

IMG_1871.jpg

Think I might have picked up a tetch a' that fever myself. Can't imagine where though...been stayin' out of the bayous and bathing at least once a week. :D

37%20-%20Conquest%20of%20Yellow%20Fever.jpg

By God, man...fewpop was alright just minutes ago. Why, he was just polishing some delrin handled slipjoints is all...

By God, man...fewpop was alright just minutes ago. Why, he was just polishing some delrin handled slipjoints is all...

...a fitting fever for fewpop perhaps...but I can't help but notice that the gent with his hat off is in a blue suit. ;) Btw, if the medic lifts the blanket with that thermometer in his hand, net's gonna fly...:eek:

...a fitting fever for fewpop perhaps...but I can't help but notice that the gent with his hat off is in a blue suit. ;) Btw, if the medic lifts the blanket with that thermometer in his hand, net's gonna fly...:eek:

ROTFLMFAO! :p:p:p

Fewpop, I recognize the patterns of all your knives except the one at the very back with a Buck 112-ish grip -- is that a trapper of some kind?

Fewpop, I recognize the patterns of all your knives except the one at the very back with a Buck 112-ish grip -- is that a trapper of some kind?

Looks to be a Wharncliffe Copperlock.

I studied the picture you posted closely, fewpop. I didn't see a peanut. My God, man, where's the peanut?

Im a fan of the "yeller" handles too, I just wish Case made a 3 7/8 to 4'' yellow stockman in cv! Maybe I've missed them, but all the stockmans in that range are usually ss.

Back