Yes... another refund request

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I usually don't do this type of thing, but I have been following the recent thread started by eakersj (HERE) and apparently this truly is the only way to receive a refund in a timely manner. The gentlemen in the thread mentioned received his requested funds in 4 days.

My refund was requested via email and phone on June 6, and I received an immediate reply from Jordyn the same day, stating she would notify Ellie of my refund request and to "please allow some time for processing." After hearing nothing for 2 weeks, I emailed again yesterday with a polite request for an update as to when my refund would be issued. I have received no reply, and I am frustrated to learn that in the time since I requested my refund, there is at least one other person who has made a refund request and been compensated accordingly.

For those at S!K that may be reading this, my order number is #9986 placed 9/4/16. I would also like to take this opportunity to say that I do not bear any ill will towards S!K, from what I can tell they seem like a great group of people making an outstanding product which they whole-heartedly stand behind. Should their production processes improve to yield reduced wait times, I will likely do business with them again in the future. I simply feel that refund requests should be taken a bit more seriously, and I hope the team at S!K will take this into consideration.

Last edited:
This will not change when you get it ,so if you think in two days when you get your refund that this helped speed up the process... nope ,wrong , sorry but it was coming anyways

Can we just get a thread pinned to the top for refund requests. That way we wont have to see a new one of these pop up every few days

She should block the trolls

The Site moderators have the ability to dish out infraction points based on the guidelines provided to them, but I am unsure about subforum moderators to have the same abilities. That said, some folks take activism on behalf of the so-called knife community to another level and as these threads show up and refresh on the main page of the Site, they come on this sub to voice their displeasure at Survive!'s business practices. I am not sure that Ellie's attempt to block such people would be even effective, let alone proving to become a terrible strategy.

Survive!'s management is at the brunt of the blame on these constantly popping up Refund Request Threads, because in all frankness it ought not even come to this. This seems to be one of the last effective refuges where those who are fed up with waiting for their refunds can come and shame Survive! It really must not come to this point as it will have a bad reflection on everyone but most so on Survive!

The Site moderators have the ability to dish out infraction points based on the guidelines provided to them, but I am unsure about subforum moderators to have the same abilities. That said, some folks take activism on behalf of the so-called knife community to another level and as these threads show up and refresh on the main page of the Site, they come on this sub to voice their displeasure at Survive!'s business practices. I am not sure that Ellie's attempt to block such people would be even effective, let alone proving to become a terrible strategy.

Survive!'s management is at the brunt of the blame on these constantly popping up Refund Request Threads, because in all frankness it ought not even come to this. This seems to be one of the last effective refuges where those who are fed up with waiting for their refunds can come and shame Survive! It really must not come to this point as it will have a bad reflection on everyone but most so on Survive!
Do you think that posting on bf will get you your refund? These people obviously do

Just out of curiosity I perused the Survive forum for refund threads. Every one I found was resolved within 4 days of going up.

Thank you to all who have posted in support of my efforts to receive due compensation, it is very much appreciated. As of this post, I have still had no response from S!K via email or any other means. I also see that since my post, @SURVIVE! Ellie has amended the forum guidelines to state the following:

"BladeForums is not the best way to get in touch with SURVIVE!. Usually when I am on here I am also at home and just checking in quickly. Most of the time, I don't even log in and when I do, I rarely check my messages. Also, please don't call/email on the weekend and then come here looking for a faster response. We are not a massive corporation with 24 hr customer service. Please email us: Info@SurviveKnives.com or call: 208.783.0899. Jordyn is generally available Monday-Thursday, from 8-4. Guy and I are often here on the weekends, but we are in the workshop where it is too loud to hear the phone. If you send an email Thursday night, you will not get a response until Monday."

Now I have attempted to call on a few occasions and have consistently obtained the voicemail, so it would seem that email is the most effective method of contact. My first email requesting an update was sent on Monday within the stated hours of operation (before noon their time, in fact), and I just sent a second (also within their hours of operation, also before noon their time). The second email referenced and provided a link to this thread, and I would like to think I will hear something before the weekend.

Last edited:
Thank you to all who have posted in support of my efforts to receive due compensation, it is very much appreciated. As of this post, I have still had no response from S!K via email or any other means. I also see that since my post, @SURVIVE! Ellie has amended the forum guidelines to state the following:

"BladeForums is not the best way to get in touch with SURVIVE!. Usually when I am on here I am also at home and just checking in quickly. Most of the time, I don't even log in and when I do, I rarely check my messages. Also, please don't call/email on the weekend and then come here looking for a faster response. We are not a massive corporation with 24 hr customer service. Please email us: Info@SurviveKnives.com or call: 208.783.0899. Jordyn is generally available Monday-Thursday, from 8-4. Guy and I are often here on the weekends, but we are in the workshop where it is too loud to hear the phone. If you send an email Thursday night, you will not get a response until Monday."

Now I have attempted to call on a few occasions and have consistently obtained the voicemail, so it would seem that email is the most effective method of contact. My first email requesting an update was sent on Monday within the stated hours of operation (before noon their time, in fact), and I just sent a second (also within their hours of operation, also before noon their time). The second email referenced and provided a link to this thread, and I would like to think I will hear something before the weekend.
Good luck I really do hope you get it soon

I hope it dosent take them as long for your refund as it has for them to produce a product for you. There are a lot of makers here that provide great service without the hasssel. If it's a survive you must have catch it on the secondary market here won't take 9 months to get it.

And was thinking of taking a plunge on one of this knives. Im glad I found this post. I will shop somewhere else.
Perhaps pick one on 2nd hand market if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back