Yet another addict

Seems a lot of new people are coming out of the woodwork with the new year. Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and share the story of my own burgeoning addiction.

I'm not a knife person. I can count the number of knives I've owned in my life on one hand - folders and multi-tools (not to say bike tools) included. I don't recall why I was looking for a new knife, but when I saw the H.E.S.T. I had to have one. The -6 followed hard on its heels. Then the Izula for Christmas. What do I need all these knives for? Sure, I hike, camp and play in the middle of nowhere a lot, but I've never been in a situation where I really *needed* a knife. So I got the -4cp next. That makes sense, right?

Now I can't decide where to put my next paycheck: -3, an edged pry-bar- I mean a -5, Junglas (just to be cool) or the ESEE Throwing Machete. Guess it doesn't much matter, though, by spring I'll doubtless have the whole family.

I blame it all on you guys here in this forum. Had I not stumbled in here when looking into the HEST I would have gotten that and been wholly satisfied. But the pictures, seeing the blades in action, the ranting and raving, the sharing of bush- survival-craft skills/lessons/know-how/etc... (without which I don't know how I survived in the woods, deserts, mountains, etc. for so long), not to mention the ESEE-camaraderie; and of course just holding one ESEE seems to sell the whole friggin' line of ESEE's.

I'm currently investigating a support group and several 12-step programs to curb this addiction. And legal action against ESEE and this forum for contributing to the delinquency of... well, me, I guess.

Seems a lot of new people are coming out of the woodwork with the new year. Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and share the story of my own burgeoning addiction.

I'm not a knife person. I can count the number of knives I've owned in my life on one hand - folders and multi-tools (not to say bike tools) included. I don't recall why I was looking for a new knife, but when I saw the H.E.S.T. I had to have one. The -6 followed hard on its heels. Then the Izula for Christmas. What do I need all these knives for? Sure, I hike, camp and play in the middle of nowhere a lot, but I've never been in a situation where I really *needed* a knife. So I got the -4cp next. That makes sense, right?

Now I can't decide where to put my next paycheck: -3, an edged pry-bar- I mean a -5, Junglas (just to be cool) or the ESEE Throwing Machete. Guess it doesn't much matter, though, by spring I'll doubtless have the whole family.

I blame it all on you guys here in this forum. Had I not stumbled in here when looking into the HEST I would have gotten that and been wholly satisfied. But the pictures, seeing the blades in action, the ranting and raving, the sharing of bush- survival-craft skills/lessons/know-how/etc... (without which I don't know how I survived in the woods, deserts, mountains, etc. for so long), not to mention the ESEE-camaraderie; and of course just holding one ESEE seems to sell the whole friggin' line of ESEE's.

I'm currently investigating a support group and several 12-step programs to curb this addiction. And legal action against ESEE and this forum for contributing to the delinquency of... well, me, I guess.

the izula is the only current model we share. i do however have a 3mil and a 5 on the way. i'm trying to justify getting a junglas to complete my collection in small, medium, and large sized blades. like you, i don't know what i need them for, but i do.

Last edited:
Don't fight it, just get them.

oh, and I stopped carrying my .45-70 and started carrying my Junglas for bear protection. How's that for an excuse?

I'm with you. I just recieved my H.E.S.T a couple of days ago, and I just made an offer on a ESEE 3-MIL. I own an Ontario RTAK 2 also, but obviously that isn't the same. It's kinda like Glocks.....Can't stop at just one.

Where are all you nuts coming from? Wherever it is, thanks for being here! Appreciate your interest in our knives but really appreciate your input on the forum. We may be a little scattered and and sarcastic around here but we're building a great bunch of skilled, common sense people that have skills and actually use their knives (The throwing idiots dont' count in that statement unless they're really throwing idiots instead of midgets)

Welcome, and don't throw the Junglas, unless you have to.

What do I need all these knives for? Sure, I hike, camp and play in the middle of nowhere a lot, but I've never been in a situation where I really *needed* a knife. So I got the -4cp next. That makes sense, right?

Sam, makes perfect sense. That is the best reason why you DO "indeed" need them! It's those unexpected situations that can get your ass in a bind when your not prepared and not expecting trouble. So much better to have, and not need........ then need and not have. That's what I tell the wife anyway as she roll's her eyes and walks away.:rolleyes:

What do I need all these knives for? Sure, I hike, camp and play in the middle of nowhere a lot, but I've never been in a situation where I really *needed* a knife. So I got the -4cp next. That makes sense, right?

Sam, makes perfect sense. That is the best reason why you DO "indeed" need them! It's those unexpected situations that can get your ass in a bind when your not prepared and not expecting trouble. So much better to have, and not need........ then need and not have. That's what I tell the wife anyway as she roll's her eyes and walks away.:rolleyes:

:D That's how I ended up with 30+ guns! And I'm not even a shooter.

My luck I'll have dig around and find ammo when someone shows up to take me on...

Dare I say it...................................... Just throw it at them Ha! It's the in thing to do these day's:D

You should probably just go ahead and get the 3, 4 and 5 if you can afford it.....or buy one each month/payday so that you have something to look forward to!

I already have my next payday lined up, and once I pay some bills i'm gonna see if I can squeeze in a Pink Izula for my girlfriend, she thinks it's a cute knife and I'd like her to have one for her purse.

Sweet. I just sealed the deal on the 3-MIL from a seller on here...Can't wait to get it. Now, do I carry it, or do I stick it on my Maxp. pack...HMMMMM! I have my H.E.S.T on my Us Grunt Gear Warhog belt....Sweet set up by the way.

Thanks for the welcome, all.

T-K-C, it's YOU I think I have the biggest problem with (next to RAT), or the biggest appreciation for, I'm not sure which. In any case, you've been my supplier from the start. Great service, by the way.

Foxx, I wouldn't dream of throwing the Junglas. That's what I need the Throwing Machete for.

Back