You call that a knife?

"You call that a knife?"

Email this Story

Jul 25, 8:50 AM (ET)

LONDON (Reuters) - With Australian outback hero Crocodile Dundee as her inspiration, an 80-year-old British pensioner foiled a knife-wielding burglar with an even bigger blade of her own.

When woken by a masked man holding a knife, Winifred Whelan screamed and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

Grabbing a giant carving knife, she told the startled intruder "You call that a knife? This is a knife" in an echo of the famous scene in the Crocodile Dundee film when actor Paul Hogan confronted a New York mugger.

As she took on the intruder, her husband grappled with his accomplice.

Recalling the incident on the day the burglars were jailed for the break-in, Whelan told The Liverpool Echo: "I said to the robber 'You call that a knife?' His was around 10 inches long and I had a carving knife measuring around 14 inches.

"I pointed it at his belly and added 'This is a knife!'"

http://reuters.excite.com/article/2...007Z_01_L24204217_RTRIDST_0_ODD-KNIFE-DC.html

Lmao!!!!!!!
Lots of scum think elders are easy marks but this lady and her husband showed em otherwise!!
Thanks for the post Dijo!!

we already have a thread on that. in this forum no less

You call that a knife?
Dijos

Threads merged.

With all the hysteria surrounding knives over here at the moment, DONT be surprised to hear that the old dear & her hubby are prosecuted, and the burglars are let off with a police caution or community service & of course counselling for the trauma of having been threatened by a blade-wielding granny!

StuToffee said:
With all the hysteria surrounding knives over here at the moment, DONT be surprised to hear that the old dear & her hubby are prosecuted, and the burglars are let off with a police caution or community service & of course counselling for the trauma of having been threatened by a blade-wielding granny!

And to add insult to injury, the same government agents will provide free monies to the scum bags to retain an attorney, who will sue the old people for everything they have, and get it.:barf:

It's happened often enough over there.

Back