You can only have two...

Im trying to decide which ESEE blades to get (already have an izula which kicks ass) for my hiking/camping/survival kit. Im leaning towards the 6 and the 3. I figure that will give me the most options. The 3 for lightweight backpacking trips, 6 for longer hauls, bigger jobs and both if I head out in the 4x4 or pick up. Also what do we think about serrated? Many uses or just pain to sharpen?

Like to poll the audience an see what your guy's thoughts are.

I think if you're going to get two knives, the ESEE-6 should definately be one of them, being the largest blade offered (until the Junglas arrives at retailers, that is!).

As for the second knife, I would go for either the 3 or the 4 for things like day hikes and overnights. I think I lean a bit more towards the 4 - I love the way that knife feels in hand.

I personally do not like serrations on my knives, though I will admit they do have their benefits. Still, I think a straight edge is overall more useful and easier to maintain. It's all preference, really.

Hope this helps :eek:

I would have the HEST for EDC, with the blade length between the izula and 3 but having the added features would be nice. Then for the second it would be the ESEE 5, it is only .75 shorter than the 6 in cutting length, the extra weight should make it a better chopper but having the extra thickness makes it a tank that should survive just about anything.

The 6 & 3 are pretty much all I would need.This has nothing to do with my wants though.:D

the 6 & 3 make a good combo.
the Junglas and 3 or 4 sounds even better... (but you have to wait a few weeks for the Junglas to hit the shelves)

Just buy the one you want the MOST first and accept the fact that you're going to probably buy all of them eventually.

3 and 6 PE for me. Well, being that you already have an Izula. 6 and Izula if you didn't.

Not much you couldn't do with that combo.

Just buy the one you want the MOST first and accept the fact that you're going to probably buy all of them eventually.

Ya I was just trying to fool myself into believing that I could narrow it down without buying the whole line.

Im not to sure on the 5, I dont have the biggest hands and the weight is kinda a big deal for me, probly going to order the 6 today and the three after my next paycheck.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Well for me it would be the HEST and the RC5. I have a 3 but it just doesn't fit me as well as I thought it would.

For camping, I am using a 4 and Izula. Edc right now is my Izula, and hiking will be an Izula and Junglas. Now if I was only going tohave 1 blade I would go with at least a 4, mostly because I have one. The 6 would be a good choice for a single blade as well.

Now that I think about it, I am going to have to pick up a couple more ESEE's to finish the collection.

It is true, you can't have just one! It's a sickness.

I was going to get a 3 for backpacking and such but decided on the 4 at the last minute.

Glad I did. (Got the orange handle, very nice!)

The 4 is smaller than I thought it would be. I have big hands, so the 3 may be too small.

My Izula nearly disappears!

I have a 3, 5, 6, and hest. the 3 and the 6 are my go to knives! i like the others, but they jusr arent the 3 or the 6...

I just recieved my IZULA and RC-4 and although I love both, I think I should have gone with the IZULA combined with an RC-5 or 6PE instead. The RC-4 feels great in my hand but I think it will be lacking in length and weight for the bigger jobs.

I'm planning on getting the Junglas and Izula at the same time as my first rats, although the HEST looks tempting.

For me the RC-6 and the ESEE junglas. All around user and big chopper. I tend to like bigger knives. Just my thing. Two knives are better than one. KNIFEABILITY- a must for all humans

Back